𝟎𝟓. / 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐥

          "STELLA, MEET JJ

          "STELLA, MEET JJ."

The young teen's eyes widened at the site of the blonde in front of her, lowering the firearm she had in hand. "I could picture worst ways to die." JJ shrugged, winking her direction.

Stella had no time to respond, because John B rushed to engulf his best friend in a hug which he reciprocated. At the same time, Sarah was approaching the brunette with an apologetical look on her face.

"He's hilarious, just hilarious." Stella mouthed, same time the boys parted ways.

"Well since we've crossed my warm welcoming off the list, I can say I didn't see this was that serious — thought I was coming for a beach vacation." JJ joked, changing his focus through the three people in the room waiting for an answer.

"You're in for a treat." Stella smiled sarcastically.

"Not quite, JJ. It's more complicated than that."

"Man, don't kill my buzz just yet. I'm going to need a blunt for this."

"Are you serious?" Sarah chuckled dryly.

"Let's just head outside, we have a lot to catch up on."

Both Sarah and John B chatted their way out the door, as Stella openly stared at the young teen standing in front of her as he walked near the glass doors, removing the backpack and dirty all-star shoes he was wearing — once white, now of a dirty brown.

She watched the scene grossly before retrieving her attention to his face, as he stopped by the doorframe. "One more thing. The gun, it wasn't loaded."

Stella looked down at the gun in her hand, confirming his statement. As she looked back up, she noticed he was no longer standing there but by John B's side with their teenage boys' antics to which she groaned in frustration, throwing the object to the nearby couch.

The smell of weed hit the air immediately as she stepped outside, to join the teenagers by the fireplace. They were laughing about some comment on JJ's ride to the island.

"I shouldn't be surprise to how fast you got here, if anyone could pull it off — it'd be you."

"Let's just say I get things done."