Chapter 7 - Among the Clouds

WARNING THIS CHAPTER DOES CONTAIN BLOOD AND GORE! If you are sensitive to such description please move on to the next chapter! This information will be repeated in a less gore style! You have been warned!

Alex's POV

Venus remained silent for the rest of the walk home. I did not blame her either. When we walked into the house we put away the groceries and Venus passed sleeping Luna to Leo before going to her room to put away the clothes. I saw Leo turn to me with such a worry look as he never seen his wife so silent.

"What did you do?"

He asked his voice so concerned but yet so soft to not wake little Luna.

"I accidentally made her uncomfortable she reminded me of what my wife and what I pictured my little daughter would have been..."

"You were staring at her weren't you... don't make moves on my wife."

"That is not my intentions Leo I was merely picturing my deceased wife and daughter in the spot your wife and daughter stood."

"How long has it been? Since your family passed away?"

"My wife passed away a hundred and fifty-five years ago."

I hissed without looking at Leo, my gripped tighten on the counter. Just talking about them hurts me but if it keeps Leo from killing me then so be it. I heard shuffling indicating Leo had left the room. I sighed before looking behind me and seeing nothing.

Meanwhile with Leonardo and Venus.

"Leo I do not feel comfortable with Dark— Alex! His staring weirds me out and Luna gets so close to him... it just is not right!"

"Venus think about it Luna would be dead if it was not for him and... he lost his family over a hundred years ago I can not even begin to imagine the pain, the guilt, the seek for revenge he carries."

"I get that but why us?! Why can't he chose a different family?!"

"Because he was in me! He knows so much about me and in a way I feel as if we are brothers..."

Venus went silent tears welled up in her eyes. Leo just stood there as if Alex's figure stood next to him but nothing was beside him.

"Alex does not have much time left..."

Leo whispered as the Alex figured began to fade. Venus gasped as she saw a little girl no older than two years old with curly brown hair and such beautiful fair skin grab the Alex figures hand as they walked away.

"He just wants to go back to his family... to pick up where he left off."

"That is not true daddy."

Luna yawned as she propped herself up on one arm and her other hand rubbing her tired eyes.

"Alex promised me he would never leave us."

Luna said with a smile as the little girl figure faded away and was rather a Luna figure. Donovan smiled from the clouds above as she watched them.

"Little Daisy is already reunited with her father in the form of Luna..."

Luna jumped up and went to me. I looked at her and smiled.

"Hey Luna."

"Hey Alex! Can we watch another movie tonight?"

"Of course as long as your parents are okay with it."

"Yay!"

"The only question is why did they let little Daisy's soul be with Luna's? Is that what causes Luna's magic to be so strong?"

Then there was a loud boom. I felt my ears ring as Luna was wrapped in my arms so tightly as a huge chunk of concrete laid against my back but Luna laid in my arms on the ground with not a scratch. I pushed the piece of concrete off of me and scooped Luna up as I ran into the bedroom Venus and Leo were in before. My heart dropped as I halted to a stop at the door. Venus's limp arm laying next to a huge chunk of concrete. The concrete laid perfectly where her body should have been and blood splattered the room everywhere. Venus. Was dead.

"Venus..."

I whispered as I heard Leo groan in pain as I threw him over my shoulder and ran to the rooftops and started running as fast as I could, jumping across ledges. My heart was racing. My blood was boiling. Venus's dead body crushed by that concrete kept flashing in my head and those ruthless bastards stabbed the princess in the chest right before my eyes before beating her till she did not move kept flashing in my head. Everyone dies on my watch. Every. One. Then in the clouds I could see my wife and daughter. They smiled down to me then Venus appeared next to them. Her voice clear as day to me.

"Please... Protect... Them..."

"I promise you Venus... I won't let what happened to you happen to your family!"

Venus smiled before she turned to my wife who grabbed my daughters hand and placed her hand on Venus's shoulder as they walked away disappearing into the clouds. Tears burned my cheeks as my lungs burned but I kept running. I could feel something cold and wet dripping down my back. Leo was bleeding. And quickly. I dropped down in an alley way to lose anyone who could have been following us. This was it I had to get Leo back to Donnie. Before it was too late. I ran to the closest manhole and went in with them and ran straight to the lair. Once I got there Leo fell off my shoulder as I gently set Luna down. My breathing was heavy and uneven. I was staring at the ground. Or at least I was until. I felt my back slam hard against the pillar. My ribs that were apparently cracked before completely shattered to the force.

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!"