Death and a Deal

The plan was almost perfect. Akechi intercepted us in Shido's palace, we fought, and we were so close to "saving" him. Then his shadow showed up. The doors fell. I ran over and banged on the metal barricade, tears already falling from my face.

Akechi's last words to me were, "I love you," I couldn't say anything back before the gunshots rang through the whole room, laughing in my face as Futaba said both of their readings were gone.

I fell to the ground, my tears turning into sobs. I could never have expected that; I felt a newfound anger inside of me. Shido now had a death wish.

During the battle, I managed to keep my cool. Until Shido knocked everyone away except for me. The anger I felt before returned with full force, and I managed to get him down. I pulled out my gun and pointed it directly at his disgusting head.

I could hear the faint screams of my friends as they frantically tried to get me to back down. I growled and shot the gun at the ceiling instead.

"You disgusting piece of filth..." I grimaced at the politician, "You took my whole life from me. My happiness, my freedom, even the love of my life. You deserve to burn in a very special hell." Then I brought the gun back down to his head and shot.

I smiled as I watched the shadow turn to dust below me. I didn't care anymore. As the palace started rumbling, I retreated back to my friends who were piling into Morgana. They all wouldn't look me in the eye.

When I got back to Lablanc, I was alone. Morgana wanted to stay with Futaba for the night. I went up to my bed and fell asleep as soon as I touched the springy mattress.

I awoke in the velvet room.

"It seems you have followed the path of the one I pit against you," Igor viciously mocked, "You have lost the game."

"I don't care." I replied, "This world is hell anyway."

"Very well. But I am willing to give you a second chance to beat this game," Igor mentioned, "If you can beat me before the end of the year, I'll give you anything you want."

I looked up with wide eyes at the long-nosed man, "Even bring someone back from the dead?"

"Yes."

I smiled, "It's a deal."