rec_024

----

beomgyu sighed while adjusting his scarf. it's his first time in a foreign country and he feels like an idiot.

i told him i'm gonna wait for him but what the hell am i even doing here?

beomgyu groaned to himself.

it's been a month since yeonjun left, and his recordings made beomgyu miss him more.

he pleaded his mom to book him a ticket, but since his parents won't allow him to travel alone, his friends tagged along with him.

and now they're here inside a mall they barely know.

"hyung, i'm hungry. can't we eat first?" hueningkai pouted while walking.

"you ate half of the pizza earlier, what do you mean hungry?" taehyun replied.

yeah, it was a bad move to let them tag along.

soobin glared at them. "i'm gonna leave you two here if you don't shut up," he said, and then proceeded to type something on his phone.

after a couple of minutes, they arrived at a park which is located just outside the mall.

"wait, he's coming here now." soobin announced, grinning from ear to ear.

beomgyu gulped. he's nervous.

he tried to distract himself by looking at the falling leaves from the tree. he doesn't want things to be awkward when he co-

"are the leaves more interesting than me?"

he froze when he heard his voice and felt a hand ruffled his hair.

it's him. he's back.

"WAAAAHHH YEONJUN HYUNG WE MISSED YOU!!!" the three of them hugged yeonjun while mumbling incoherent words.

beomgyu just stared at him, still frozen.

"i missed you too guys," yeonjun chuckled. "but didn't i tell you that i'll be home next week? why are you guys here?"

"oh, you didn't know hyung? beomgyu was literally crying nonstop be-" before taehyun could even finish his sentence, beomgyu covered his mouth.

"w-we just have a lot of free time! yeah, haha," he smiled awkwardly.

yeonjun raised his eyebrow, but didn't say anything.

"are you really okay now, hyung? the surgery went well?" taehyun asked while beomgyu's still holding his shirt.

"yeah, i can see you all very clearly."

"as in high definition?"

they all laughed at kai's question. 

"enough of that, can we eat first? i can literally hear kai's stomach grumbling." soobin laughed, earning a smack from hueningkai.

beomgyu let go of taehyun while glaring at him.

"just date already will you?" taehyun whispered to him, then ran towards soobin and kai.

as if.

"so... you're the one who told them to come here?"

oh crap.

"what are you saying? let's just eat-" yeonjun held his arm before he could even take a step.

"i told you to wait for me there, right?"

he rolled his eyes. "yeah."

"so why are you here now?"

oh gods this is annoying.

"why are you even asking that? can't you take a hint? it's because i've been dying to see you! you keep disappearing on me and i'm afraid that if i don't chase you here, i won't get to see you again-"

his breath hitched when yeonjun pulled him into a hug.

"i...missed you too." yeonjun mumbled against his ear.

"i know."

he heard him chuckled again.

"i'm not leaving again. i'll make sure to stay by your side until you get sick of me."

he laughed. "you wish. i won't, ever, get sick of you."

"i lo-"

"GUYS CAN YOU PLEASE MOVE FASTER BECAU—oh, sorry about that.. we're just gonna, yano, yeet-" beomgyu, who is still hugging yeonjun, stared at soobin who is now going back inside the mall.

great. now the moment's ruined.

beomgyu cleared his throat. "you were saying?"

"n-nevermind," yeonjun replied, stroking his hair.

he hummed. "can i say something?"

"hmm?"

"i love you."

"w-what?" yeonjun broke the hug and stared at him.

"i said, i love you, asshole." he rolled his eyes.

this time, yeonjun smiled, still staring at him.

"you're my star, and i'm happy i'm seeing you right now. i love you too," yeonjun kissed his forehead.

beomgyu's heart found his home now.

right inside yeonjun's arms.

[ END OF READ HIS VOICE ]