The Prologue

(This chapter contains depictions of pain and maybe some form of battle

(This chapter contains depictions of pain and maybe some form of battle.  Read ahead to your own advisement)

At the young age of 4, (Y/n) had finally discovered her quirk. She had hopes before this dreadful day that she would have the most hero-endearing quirk of all, but instead her parents thought of it in an opposite way. She grew up in the household of villains, and the day she discovered her quirk, she became fearful that they would find heinous ways to use her power for their own sake.

On the day she discovered her quirk she harbored, she was simply at her little school playing with the other students on her free time. She was pushing another student from her class on the swings when they decided to ask her to push them higher. She wasn't sure if she had the strength in her, but taking a deep breath into her tiny little lungs, she gathered all of the energy she could and pushed her friend as high as she could, or so she thought.

Instead of doing what she planned, she ended up causing her friend to fly from the seat they sat on and on to the mulch about three feet away. The thing is, because her eyes were simply closed, (Y/n) had no idea what she did. Instead of trying to figure out what she did, she ran to her friend, who was now crying on the ground because of their scraped knee.

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" (Y/n) asked, worried she had lost a friend due to a mistake sh made. She sat down by their side and looked at their scraped knee. She annotates the rest of their body and judge that the scrape was the only visible pain that they had.

Her friend nods, and rubs away their own tears. "I-I'm okay. I think you pushed too hard." They laugh, going back to their normal self almost immediately.

The other kids watching had started surrounding (Y/n) and her friend. The two of them look around at the gazes of their peers, completely puzzled. Turns out, their peers either shared the same puzzled look or they stared at (Y/n) with amazement.

"Did I do something bad?" (Y/n) asks, her squeaky voice shaking, scared that she had done a bad thing.

"You have a quirk!" A kid from the back of the crowd shouts in a cheerful voice.

"Wait, I do?" The puzzled girl stands to her feet, a wide, toothy smile making its way onto her face.

"Yeah, it was, like, super awesome!" Another kid cheers, jumping up and down on the mulch. He almost trips over himself, so he has to end up catching himself before he makes a fool of himself. "Show us how you did it!"

"Um, I don't know." The poor girl says, looking down at her hands. "I think I just closed my eyes and..." She trails off and tries to gather energy from within herself again. She opens her eyes and the next thing she knows, a wave of light shoots up into the air. The light encased a light lavender color, lighting up the playground around herself and her peers.

The kids around her shout and cheer, some 'woah-ing' in awe at this great discovery.

"But the light was blue earlier! I want blue again!" A little girl from somewhere calls out.