01

izuru had finally finished the program to wake the comatose students up. the thing was, it was going to probably take a full 10 hours to wake one person. thats why he tested it on mikan as soon as possible, not even thinking to ask makoto for permission. they were letting him to whatever now, he didn't see why they wouldn't for this. so, now was the 10 hour waiting period. well, he did write a note that he stuck to makoto's door to tell him what he did. he did not wish to tell him in person.

makoto must have told the rest of the members because kyoko and byakuya were leaving. everyone stood out on the peer as the blonde and lilac haired male and female left on the boat. makoto was smiling brightly and waved to the two leaving future foundation members. izuru was away from the group, halfway because he did not wish to deal with the stupid stares he got form the survivors. well, the one thing izuru knew he could do while waiting the 10 hours was to start cleaning up the island. so thats what he did. he was starting on the huts by the restaurant.

——

it had been nine hours and fifty five minutes since he had hooked mikan up to the program he made. izuru made his way over to the pods room to check and see if she was yet awake, and to wait on her if she wasn't. if she didn't wake up in five minutes, he would have done something wrong and he would have had to wait. he remembered passing hajime when getting food. he had cut and dyed his hair to look like himself again. it only made sense.

he waked into the room, and just as he got there, the purple haired nurse was waking up. he wondered, if his cancelations were correct and she would have some sort of "fit of despair" as he decided it would be called. it was where they would start to freak out and try to harm anyone around them for despair, but then realize what happened and where they are now.

he didn't even get a glimpse of mikan before she started to squirm around yelling for her "beloved". well, that was right. and she was probably talking about junko, as mikan thought she loved her. he walked over to her, grabbing her wrists and holding her down. "please, tsumiki, i need you to stop." he said in a calm and bored voice. that voice she remembered well and she stopped. he let go.

she then looked around, seeming to remember. "w-wait." she stuttered. "w-where is e-everyone. w-why am i n-not dead.." she asked before crying and apologizing for asking to many questions. "p-please forgive me i-i'm s-sorry!" this caused izuru to sigh before he stepped to grab the wires from her pod.

"you are annoying. stop." he said as he finished pulling the many wires and walking to the next pod. nagito's pod. he hesitated before he started to plug them in. nagito was the next one that needed to be woken. mikan had noticed the hesitation, but decided against saying anything as she knew she would be told she was annoying again.

izuru has finished putting them in and then went to mikan. "i will ask you questions and you will answer them." it was in a ride attitude. mikan looked over at nagito's pod. izuru was always a lot nicer when nagito was around and was with him, though she didn't understand why.

izuru pulled out a notebook he had earlier requested from makoto and started to write questions, then asking mikan and getting answers which he also wrote down. the questions were mostly "what are you feeling" "what do you remember about your despair days" "what do you remember about the neo world program" and things that related to her overall memory.

this was something he would ask everyone. he then wrote one last question, and then asked. "how is your stomach". ah, so he knows of the ovaries mikan thought as she stumbled on her words. "i am doing o-okay, although, it d-does hurt." she explained to him.

izuru nodded. he set the clipboard down on the table that had all of his things. "they need to come out now." he said as hr grabbed the gloves from the box on the table. mikan looked scared to death, but knew it needed to he done. so she let him lead her to where he would operate on her, and then he did, putting her to sleep.

izuru had walked into the dining hall once finished, being basically unnoticed until akane noticed him and stopped eating. everyone turned and saw him. the reaction he was expecting, nobody wanted him there, though that didn't bother him. "tsumiki is awake. she had already had the ovaries taken out, and is now resting after. see her if you please." he said before walking out once again.

all of the survivors looked at each other. so he left right away again. i mean, sure, nobody there had given him a welcoming vibe, but he could have stayed for food. celebrating was going to be harder when the gloomy feeling came with izuru's presence all the time. hajime was the first to raise from his chair with a sigh. "lets go see tsumiki. she should be awake, i don't think he would tell us that and it be a lie." he started waking without checking if anyone was following.

to his luck, which is something he actually doesn't have anymore, everyone had followed. even if the boy was a reserve course student, he was still seemed as a leader as he was in the neo world program and during class trials. they followed his word pretty much.

hajime opened the double doors to the hospital, and it's obvious which room is mikans. only one room has light coming from a window, and that same room has dust cleared from the door obviously from being moved multiple times. hajime had hesitated in front if mikans door. what if izuru just said that, and she was dead. if he was still one with despair. but.. hajime also knew izuru was never on despairs side completely. he wasn't on hopes, no, but he wasn't on despair either.

he grabbed the handle and pushed the door open, swallowing his fear, and letting out a breath once he saw she was awake and in a bed. "o-oh!" mikan had said in surprise. "hello h-hinata. and everyone e-else." she said timidly. she was the same as the neo world program. so, izuru woke her up from the program. how will that be for nagito...

hajime shook his head to make sure he was paying attention and nodded to mikan. "hey tsumiki." he had a smile, and little did he know, behind him everyone else did too. even fuyuhiko. "izuru had woken you up." that earned a nod in response from mikan.

she then started to talk. "i was s-scared, at first. o-of him. but h-he didn't do m-much really. he left m-me alone after he a-asked questions." she explained. hajime thought for a moment. he seemed to be avoiding everyone, but why? he turned back to mikan, and then sat beside her as well as everyone else who stood around her. he starter to explain everything that had happened since they woke up.