04

izuru left out of the door to see makoto. izuru, who was not in the mood to talk to anyone at the moment, completely ignored the smaller ultimate hope. he knew he would get a side glance from him, but he ignored it and moved along. izuru walked down he hall and out the door of the room, and away from nagito.

many who knew how much time izuru and nagito spent together, and even nagito himself, were confused by his actions. he was avoiding nagito like he was everyone else. he and nagito were together for half of their time in despair, then splitting up only once and then coming back together in towa city, the time when he left from the warriors of hope.

izuru felt himself want to go back. to see what makoto had come to talk to nagito about. he didn't, of course, and went straight to where he needed, the third island once again. there were many spear parts there and thats exactly what he needed. the question still rang in his mind. "why not ask kazuichi to make it?" izuru didn't trust kazuichi to make it.

it's not that he didn't trust kazuichi's skill to make things like that, he was the ultimate mechanic, but he didn't trust him to make something for nagito. they never liked him. kazuichi never liked him. how did izuru know that he would make it correctly and not wrong on purpose? izuru let out an a sigh as he started to grab any scraps he could find, brining them to a pile in the middle of the area of electric avenue. it would take him some time, but he would make the hand, give it to nagito, and then do what he's been doing. avoiding everyone.

it's bit hard to do, with the fact everyone is avoiding him too. izuru does it for the reason that they're boring, and they do it for the fact that they don't want to be near someone like him. someone who didn't need to be brainwashed into joining despair. izuru sighed once more, which he seemed to be doing a lot of now, and got back to finding things he can use for nagito's hand.

——

after izuru had left, makoto walked into the room where nagito was at. nagito didn't even get a chance to get off the table. the eyes of the ultimate hope moved down to his arm, where there was now just a stub. when his eyes went back up to nagito's face, makoto saw a smile. something nagito always wore, whether he was happy or not, but his feelings were always seeping through.

"nagito. how did it go with kamukura?" at his name, nagito's smile faltered. there was no hiding it. he didn't need to hide it.

"i don't know. he seems distant. like when we first met." when they first met, and junko shoved him off to be izuru's problem, izuru barely spoke to nagito. nagito took it that he wasn't worthy to talk to him. to even look at him. but it was that izuru didn't trust him. it took a while for izuru to even speak to nagito, and then tel him to do things for him, and then actually trusting him enough to ask for help with his emotions.

makoto sighed. "i'm sorry. it's... weird." makoto concluded his sentence for a moment. when he had a weird look from makoto, was when makoto started to speak again. "he's been distant to everyone. me, i understand. but it's like he's avoiding everyone on purpose." nagito had looked down in a motion that showed deep thought. makoto had wondered why he wasn't all up in his case, like he presumed he would being the ultimate hope. maybe, it was the fact that they were talking about izuru, someone nagito has shown to care for.

"i don't know." there came a sigh from nagito. "he seemed to quick to run out." he but his lip before speaking again. "i mean, it's not my place right?" a small laugh came from him. "trash like me shouldn't get in the way of someone as hopeful as him." there was a sigh from makoto. nagito looked up to see a look of worry on his face.

"nagito, the thing is you're the only one that can get through to him. it's obvious, to everyone here, that you are the only one he will talk to." nagito looked away. no, that couldn't be right. "he wont talk to anyone else, because he's not close to them. with the logic, he wont talk to the therapist that is supposed to come after you all wake up." nagito placed his one hand on the edge of the table.

"but, if he's avoiding me, he'll be able to do it well." nagito said. what surprised makoto was that he was no longer objecting. "he is the ultimate hope, and even if my luck is unpredictable, he has that too." he sighed as he moved his hand from the table to his chin. "i'll need to give him time. let him think i'm not coming, and then come to him when he needs me." maybe that was unpredictable. maybe that was exactly what izuru thought he would do. nagito didn't know yet.

"well, thank you nagito." makoto smiled. "the thing is, would you like me to continue searching for him each day to get him to eat, or would you like to?" he asked nagito. the answer he got was what he expected from nagito. an "me of course". it was because of the fact that searching for izuru would be a challenge, plus it would ease izuru into seeing nagito again.

——

this one is short, and i apologize, but i thought that this was all that was needed. again, these will be getting longer or they will be coming out two at a time with 1,000 words each.