Chapter 11: Apartment

I fly through the force field for Wakanda, using the device and land in front of the castle. I hope out of the helicopter, slowly making my way through the castle. I kept walking until I was pushed up against the wall, which I think is a spear pointed at me.

"Who are you, and what are you doing here?" she says. I put my hands up, but she points the spear closer to me.

I was about to say something when T'Challa pulled her away from me. "What are you doing? This is one of Steve Rogers' friends, we can trust her."

"Oh, I'm so sorry," she says.

"Y/n Romanoff, meet Okoye, the General of Dora Milaje. Okoye, meet Y/n, one of the Avengers," T'Challa says, and I shake her hand. "Follow me, I will show you where he is." I follow him to the medical wing, where I see Steve looking out the window.

I walk over next to him, and he smiles. "You got here earlier then I thought," he says.

"Well, it was a quick meeting," I say. "How's Bucky doing?"

"He decided to go back into cryo until they figure out how to get all of the hydra stuff out of his head," Steve says. We stood there in silence for a while, until I started to say something.

"Are you staying here?" I ask.

"Well after we take Lang back, and you guys to Scotland, Sam and I decided to stick together, just don't know where yet. Do you care if we take the quinjet?" Steve says.

"All yours Captain," I say. "Do you know where Pietro and Wanda went?"

"I think they are about to leave to go to Scotland," Steve says.

"Thanks," I say, and walk away, trying to find the twins. While I'm walking, I try and find a way to tell them, but all of them end with me getting yelled at.

I walk to what looked like a living room, and I see Wanda and Pietro sitting on the couch. "Looks like you didn't miss me too much," I say, and they look over.

"You're back already? That was quick," Wanda says as they both get up from the couch. I hugged Wanda first, then hugged Pietro, and he kept his arm around me.

"I have to tell you guys something," I say.

"So do we," Pietro says. "T'Challa got us two apartments in Scotland we can stay in." They both look really happy, and I can't just ruin that. How about I don't tell them now? I don't really need to tell them until I have a mission, and I probably won't get one anytime soon.

"That's great. When do we leave?" I ask.

"Soon actually. We are waiting for Steve's call, and he will fly us over there," Wanda says. "What were you going to tell us?"

"Huh, funny, it totally slipped my mind," I lied. "Let's go get everyone so we can go." We all go get everyone, including Scott who is loving Wakanda, and head to the quinjet. Once we got on the quinjet, I decided to fly, not wanting to talk to anyone because I feel bad for lying.

I'm used to lying for jobs, but usually it's to people I will never see again. Plus to the people I care about I'm always brutally honest, I never lie to them. I don't know why I can't just tell them this. I can't just tell them, especially after everything that just happened.

I land in San Francisco, and I turn back to see Scott. "Bye tiny man," I say. He smiles widely, and everyone else says good-bye. "Scotland, here we come."

I fly to Edinburgh, Scotland, and we land on an open field. I get up from the pilot seat, and look towards Sam and Scott. "Well I guess this is where we part," I say.

"I guess so Little R," Sam says, and I cringe at the name, and give him a hug.  I release from the hug, and move onto Steve while Sam says bye to everyone else.

"Thanks for helping me," Steve says.

"Least I could do after everything I did," I say, and I pull him into a hug.

"You were just doing what you thought was right, I'm just glad you're done with them now," Steve says.

"Yea, totally," I say, releasing from the hug. I walked outside of the quinjet with Wanda and Pietro at my side. "Alright, I'll time you to see how fast you can get us to the apartments," Wanda says, and starts playing with her watch.

"3,2,1, go," Wanda says, and starts a timer on her watch. Next thing I know Pietro picks me up, and runs me to the front of the apartment building. The blue blur quickly disappears, and reappears back with Wanda and Pietro. "Time. Nice 4 seconds."

"I could have gone faster," Pietro mumbles under his breath, which makes me laugh. We walk in the building, and go to the front desk to grab our keys. Pietro and I are sharing an apartment, while Wanda will live next door. She says she doesn't want to hear stuff that she can't unhear.

We walk up to the fourth floor, since there isn't an elevator, and we get to our rooms. "Well, I'm going to sleep, since now I have a real bed again," Wanda says. "I'll see you tomorrow." We say our goodnights, and I use the key to open the door.

Pietro and I walk through the already furnished apartment, loving how it looks. Pietro immediately jumps on the bed, making me chuckle. "Go to bed, I know you had a long day," I say.

"Well so have you," he says.

"I'm just going to get a cup of water," I say. I walk out of the room, and to the kitchen, getting a drink of water. Not telling him is making me feel guilty. It's going to come back at me and kill me.

I drink the water, and go back to bed, seeing Pietro already asleep. I get into bed, getting under the covers. I guess Pietro didn't fall asleep immediately, because he pulled me into his arms. "I'm glad we at least get to stick together during this," he mumbles, and kisses my forehead.

"Me too," I say, and feel the guilt eating me up inside. I'll tell him tomorrow, no doubt about it. It takes me a while to fall asleep, but eventually I do, but not very well.