Bedroom Hymns

You had Jesus on your breath

And I caught him in mine

Sweating our confessions

The undone and the divine

Everything happened so fast after Man announced that it was Gigie. Win was winded by the announcement though, so he didn't move. It felt like he was having a panic attack. The next thing he knew was someone was pulling him to sit down on the bed. He didn't speak at all because he didn't know what to say if he was being honest.

Gigie was there. She crashed in front of the hospital. Was she dead? Win wouldn't put it past her to survive and find her way to him. That thought just made him even more scared and anxious. He looked around and saw that everyone was panicking in their own ways. Bright came to him and cupped his face with his both of his hands.

"Stay here," Bright said, "Man and I will go down and check what's happening there."

"Bright, don't," Win replied. He was worried that if he crossed Gigie's path, she might do something bad to him. That woman was way past of being deranged. She had nothing to lose which meant she was the most dangerous person he knew in the vicinity. "Let the police handle this."

Bright gave him a peck on the lips and Win loved the feeling of his man's lips touching him. It wasn't enough to calm him down though. "The police are almost here," Man announced. They all looked at him and Win saw his father went to Man and they were discussing something that Win couldn't hear.

He looked back to Bright and saw him looking back at him. "I need to see what happened, babe," Bright told him. Win shook his head but Bright steadied him with his hands. "Man will come with me. I don't think she can do anything to the both of us together."

"That woman is a psycho," Win argued. "She's lost her marbles, Bright. Gigie can kill all of us with the state of mind she is in right now."

Toptap came to their side and Win looked at his older brother. "I'll go with you," he said. Bright straightened himself up and was going to say something but Toptap cut him off. "Man will stay here to keep Win and our parents updated," he continued. Man looked at them from hearing his name and Toptap just stared at him. Man nodded his head and Bright sighed, seemingly agreeing to the proposal.

Win didn't want anyone to go down but it seemed that everyone's mind had been made up. Toptap patted his shoulder and made his way to the door. Bright was about to follow him when Win grabbed his hand. Bright looked at him and Win pulled him closer to him and kissed him passionately.

After they broke their kiss and caught their breaths, Bright gave him an eskimo kiss and patted his head gently. "I love you," he whispered.

Win gave him one final peck and replied, "I love you, too."

Then, Bright and Toptap left the room. His mother came to his side and hugged him. Win halfheartedly returned the hug. He was looking at his father and Man chatting by the window. Win closed his eyes and hoped that nothing bad happened to his boyfriend and older brother.

Then, time passed slowly and quickly at the same time. The anxiety Win felt made everything slower but Man's updates made everything better.

The first update came 20 minutes after Bright and Toptap left. The doctor had left too after telling them that Win was officially released and could leave. They could stay for a little bit more because of the situation that he had heard. A few minutes after the doctor left, Man's phone rang and he picked it up quickly.

"Who's this?" Man asked. Win was confused because he thought it would be Bright who was calling him. Then, Man's eyes lit up from recognition, Win assumed.