Don't Go Breaking My Heart

28th of October 2017

I have always enjoyed London in the autumn the most. Constant coffees, croissants and cuddly sweaters, nothing actually beats it.

However, I think having dinner at Gemma Styles house with Anne and Harry just night top it. Gemma lives in a pretty white town house in West London, the interior of her home just as gorgeous as the exterior. It reminded me of something out of the 70s but slightly more refined and I adore it.

"Is vegetable lasagna and salad okay for dinner Anna?" Gemma asked as I sat at the kitchen island with a glass of red wine in my hand. Harry and Anne were currently sitting in the lounge room together, catching each other up on their lives over the last couple of weeks, as I know how close they are and how difficult Harry finds it being away from his Mum all the time.

"Of course," I said with a smile and Gemma nodded as she started chopping up some carrots.

"I bet you wouldn't say so if it wasn't okay though," she laughed and I noticed the corners of her eyes crinkle like Harry's when they both laugh. I giggled at her comment, because it was definitely true.

"You are probably right about that one," I laughed. "Do you want help with cooking?" I asked. Gemma smiled and shook her hair, her loose curls falling perfectly off her shoulders.

"No thank you, Harry can come and help me when he is finished talking with Mum," she said and then we delved into a conversation about the tour and how good it's been so far.

"Are you coming tomorrow night?" I asked, my eye spotting a photo of Harry and Gemma when they were children on the wall, making me smile at how innocent and cheeky he looked.

"Yeah I'm coming both nights, so is Mum and I think our Dad will be there on the second night as well," Gemma said as she continued chopping the vegetables and I nodded as I suddenly felt a figure behind me and I turned around to see Harry and Anne with matching smiles on their faces.

"Gemma wants you to help her in the kitchen," I said with a cheeky grin as Anne pulled up a stool next to me and poured herself a glass of the Shiraz that we were both drinking.

"Why can't you help her?" Harry questioned sarcastically as he pulled out the lasagna sheets before getting started on the vegetable filling.

"Because she is a guest Harry, now start cooking," Anne said before shooting a grin at me which I returned, instantly feeling the warmth that radiates from her when she smiles at you.

"I'm happy to help if need be, I don't mind," I said and Gemma shook her head as Harry just continued chopping with a smile on his face.

"Do not be ridiculous Anna, you are a guest," Gemma scoffed as she put the chickpeas for the salad into the oven to roast.

"Here, come into the lounge room with me until these two are done. We have lots to catch up on," Anne said with a laugh and I nodded as we slid off our respective stools, not before Harry had a comment to make though.

"What could you two possibly have to talk about?" he asked, his curls sticking to his forehead, his grey sweater sleeves pulled up his arms. I never realised how much I liked this Harry. The one who was comfy and relaxed; his hair not styled and the Gucci left at home. I think this Harry is my favourite Harry. Soft Harry, as people would call it.