Midnight Memories

5th of December 2017

Quiet and slow mornings are a favourite of mine and they are something that I rarely get to experience but when I do I love to take full advantage of it.

Harry was still asleep in the bedroom of our Airbnb, having one too many drinks at dinner last night when we went out for dinner with Sarah and Mitch at a beautiful Thai restaurant in the city centre of Auckland.

I sat on the balcony with a cup of coffee in my hand, my laptop perched on the small wooden table in front of me, having just finished a Zoom meeting with some clients in Los Angeles, as it was only 9:30 am here, meaning it was early in the afternoon in LA.

I heard Harry approach me from behind, his arms wrapping around my body, resting his head on my shoulder sleepily.

"Mmm come back to sleep Anna," he said in my ear, his morning voice clear as day, a soft sigh escaping my lips as I rested my head back to meet his clavicle.

"I can't, I'm already awake Haz," I laughed softly, placing the coffee cup down to the side if my laptop.

"Yeah but the bed is cold without you in it," he mumbled and I smiled gently to myself, looking up at him to see his eyes closed softly, his curls messy from the deep sleep he had just been experiencing.

"Alright," I said. "I'm coming."

"Good," he said firmly and I shook my head at him as he let go of me and headed back inside as I finished the last of my coffee and bought everything inside, shutting the door to the balcony behind me as I placed my laptop and mug down on the kitchen counter, heading back to the dimly lit bedroom where Harry was already cuddled up amongst the pale blue quilt cover and white pillows.

I smiled at him as I made my way over to the bed, climbing in beside him to have him immediately wrap his arms around me and pull me closer to him, my head resting on his chest as he hummed in content.

"So, do you think you can back up your antics tonight?" I asked, Harry, groaning at the thought of going out again tonight. Sarah and Mitch had offered their hotel room to have some pre-drinks before we headed out to celebrate our last night in Auckland with the rest of the crew.

"Sure, all I'll have to do is spend the whole day in bed and then I'll be ready to go," he laughed, the vibrations from his chest filling my body with happiness.

"Sounds fine to me," I said, his fingers running through my curls which desperately needed a wash.

"I know how I can make it worthwhile though," he said, his voice raspy and dark and I felt an array of butterflies form in my stomach, knowing exactly where this was going.

"Oh yeah?" I questioned and he gave me an 'mhmm.' "And how is that Harry?"

"Turn around and I'll show you exactly how."

*******************

"It's too much!" I called out to Harry as I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror. My hair was in a ponytail in the centre of my scalp, loose waves cascading down the nape of my neck.

I had settled on wearing a YSL black mini dress that I had bought a while ago. It cost me an arm and a leg but I knew that I would probably be wearing it for years so that justified it in my mind.