Ch. 6 - Moving On

You woke up laying beside your lover (also know as your boyfriend) whose asleep. You get out of bed, make yourself a cup of your favorite drink, making your way to the front porch. You sat for awhile on the porch, then your mother comes up behind you. The two of you sat in silence, until you broke the silence.

You: "I miss father" *sadness written all over your face*

Mother: "I know darling me too"

You: "I can't believe that he's not here anymore"

Mother: "me too, your father always loved all of you. Even tho he hasn't met your lover,"*she chuckles*

You: "are we gonna plan the funeral for him?"

Mother: "yes we are, I already made some calls to the family. They'll be here soon."

You sigh and give your mother a hug. She wipes your tears away and reassured you that everything will be okay. She leaves you alone and heads indoors, then comes your lover right after.

Lover: "hey honey, you okay?"

You: *sigh* "I think so....I just miss him, oh you would of love him!!"

Lover: "I'm sure, I would of loved to meet your father."

You started to tear up and your lover quickly brings you into a hug. Starting to cry into his chest, he strokes your hair and comforts you.

•Time Skip•

You and everyone got ready for the funeral. You wore a nice black dress, your lover wore a nice black suit. Everyone gathered their things and made way to the cemetery. A lot of people from town came, including your enemy and their family. Your enemy didn't care, but their family did. Someone asked if anyone wanted to say something, you stepped forward and began speaking. Your voice was trying not to break but you could feel it giving away. After the funeral, everyone gathered at your lovers house (which was also your house.) Your enemy just watching as everyone grieved and talk quietly, she had a smile that just screams evil. She watched as your lover held you tight to him, you could say she was quite jealous of the two of you being together. After all, you both liked him at a young age. After a while, everyone left... all that was left was you, your lover, and your family. Your decide to take a walk into town and try to find a job. There was on shop that caught your eye, the jewel parlor. When you enter you saw someone that you weren't expecting to see, your uncle Hence and your enemies father. You talked to your uncle about wanting to move on in life and get a job. Your uncle tells you that he need help in the shop, your enemies father shakes his head in agreement. You happily accept and you ask them when could you start. They both told you that you can start now. You immediately hopped to your feet and nodded. Then you asked what kind of people come to the shop. They told you a lot but what really caught your attention was when they mentioned the king. Your eyes widened, trying not to lose composure. Your uncle also mentions that he will enter the store with some guards. Your heart was going a million miles per hour.

•Time Skip•

Once work was over you made your way back home, your family already at the dinner table. Your mother asks,"where have you been?" You told her everything, then your lover says, "well it's time to celebrate!" One of your siblings started to play some music, seconds later you were all dancing the night away. After dancing for so long, you put your siblings to bed...you walk your mother to her room, she hugs you and whispers, "your father would be so proud of you." You hugged her back, smiled then went to your room. Your lover is getting ready for bed, you both have a short conversation cause you fell asleep while he was talking. The next morning has arrived at you got ready for work. On your way there you see the one person you hate....your enemy.....You quickly just ignored them.

Enemy: "why look what the cat dragged out of the bag!"

You: "what do you want!?"

Enemy: *sarcastically gasps* "is that how you talk to your best friend?" *smiles evilly*

Before you could respond, you rolled your eyes.

Enemy: "fine, whatever....oh also sorry about your father, well actually I'm not sorry. I never liked him or your family, including you."

Your eyes grew narrow, your hands turning into fists. "I never wanted to punch a person so badly!!" you tell yourself. Your enemy knows what their doing, they also mentioned something that you never thought you would hear.

Enemy: "oh yea!! I just remembered something!!!"

You: *sighs* "what"

Enemy: "your lover actually cheating on you.....with me!!" *giggles*

You: "w-what he would n-never and especially with you?!!!!"

Enemy: "oh trust me little bird, he fell in love with me before he even met you."

You quickly turned away and ran, you didn't have a certain direction but you just kept going until you found yourself in a forest. Your enemies words circled your mind like a song on a loop. Trying to hold back your tears, you finally cave in and cried into your legs. After your crying moment, you managed to walk back into town. When you saw your lover, you couldn't make eye contact. Your siblings didn't seem to care cause dinner was being served. However, your mother knew that something was wrong.how did she know well, it's obvious cause she's your mother like the saying goes mother knows best. You didn't have the appetite to eat dinner, instead you went straight to your room. You laid in bed crying, then you heard a knock at your door and your mother walks in. She sat beside you stroking your hair as you laid on her lap. You explained everything to her, she told you that their just saying that to make you upset. Once your lover walked in after your mother left, you composed yourself and prepared for whatever happens next.