Dreammare

Requested by: Bubble_PopYT1
Nightmare was in a meeting, when he felt a sudden surge of negativity, which if he hadn't been sitting, would've made him loose his balance, instantly knowing it was Dream from the energy omitting from it that the other could only omit.
"Sir, is something wrong?" The lesser monster looked at the negative being in confusion, and Nightmare nodded. "Yes, I am. I have to leave." He stood up quickly, leaving the other no time to respond as he teleported away.

Dream chocked back tears, shaking from the strong emotions coursing through, and looked into the river, staring at his reflection in the river. "So useless!" He growled at it, balling his fists up at his side. "Can't even do anything right, much less be any help to anyone!" He sobbed out unaware of Nightmare teleporting nearby, until he suddenly felt the other gently hug him. "I should have never even been made!" "Don't say that about yourself." The negative being whispered to the positive. "Nightmare, I didn't know you were here! I-I... I..." Dream started crying, tears he didn't know he was holding back pouring out, before hugging Nightmare tightly. "Do you want to talk about it?"
Dream smiled slightly. "No thanks... Why are you doing this for me? I thought you hated me..." Nightmare sighed and held the other close to him, wiping Dream's face. "You're so oblivious, Dream..." The positive guardian looked up at him in confusion. "I love you. Don't ever think otherwise ever again. How about we cuddle in my room?" Nightmare raised a nonexistent eyebrow, to which the smaller being nodded excitedly. "Good." He hummed and stood up, helping Dream stand as well, before teleporting them both to his room. Nightmare quickly locked his door, Dream giving him a questioning look, sitting down on the black King sized bed.
"Don't want to have to have anyone disturb us." Dream smiled and took his crown off, carefully putting it on a nearby nightstand, taking his cape off. "Where can I put this?" He looked at the other curiously, causing Nightmare to smile. "Maybe my desk chair?" He chuckled, and Dream blushed in embarrassment. "Aw, Sunshine, you're so adorable, you know that?" The taller cooed, and the other to put his cape onto the chair, before looking at Nightmare. "Now, you should probably make sure your tendrils, or whatever they are, don't pull anything." Dream teased lightly, remembering how once in battle, Nightmare's tendrils had locked themselves onto Killer, which hadn't been fixed, even as they left from the battle.
Nightmare blushed in embarrassment and rolled his eyes. "Whatever you say. Now," he kicked off his shoes and laid on top of the bed, making sure there was room for Dream to get onto the bed, "come cuddle." Dream smiled, giggling slightly, before walking over to the taller and sat onto the bed. Nightmare looked at the other in confusion before Dream crawled over to him and laid down, wrapping his arms around the taller's ribs, before smiling at the other. Nightmare smiled and hummed gently stroking Dream's skull, knowing this had calmed Dream down when they were younger. Dream leaned into the touch, closing his eyes, and made a noise of enjoyment, before gently rubbing the other's back. Nightmare hummed in enjoyment, arching his back slightly as he removed his hand from Dream's head to pull Dream up to his neck level, and lazily kissed the top of his head.
"Moonbeam...?"  Dream looked up and snuggled closer to the negative guardian. "What, want a kiss, Sunshine?" Nightmare smiled, and Dream looked away shyly. "Well..." The two blushed a light hue, before Nightmare pulled the other closer. Dream's cheekbones turned a slightly darker hue of yellow, wrapping his arms around the latter's neck, and Nightmare slowly kissed the other. Dream kissed back, playfully fighting for dominance, in which the taller won, before pulling away to speak. "You're so handsome like this." Nightmare purred out, causing Dream's already present blush to darken at the other's compliment. "Th-Thank you, Moonbeam." Nightmare smiled and held the other close. "Now shush, I'm tired." He yawned and nuzzled close to Nightmare, who smiled and held the other.