chapter eleven

Only a few people of Hogwarts have experienced an angry Evanie Scamander and that was one thing those few people have sworn to never want to experience again

Only a few people of Hogwarts have experienced an angry Evanie Scamander and that was one thing those few people have sworn to never want to experience again. When she was angry, she really makes it hurt.

After Evanie had felt betrayed by her secret being told, she just felt hollow. It might be silly but no, for her trust is a sacred thing, and it was something nearly impossible to regain.

She was the type of person who'd play a million scenarios in her head when it came to those situations. It was the main reason she never made an effort to make friends. When she had let the Marauders in, mainly Remus; she felt a small hope of thinking the idea of friendship was not all that bad.

But she was back at square one.

Ezekiel had no longer had the anger he did on that day since all he cared about was how his sister was feeling. Sure, his secret was probably something worse on getting around, but a secret is still a secret.

Just like his sister, he felt the same anger and betrayal from them but a huge part of him couldn't hate them.

"How did you convince Flitwick to make us stop attending the tutoring sessions?" Ezekiel asked tapping his sisters head that was on his lap since the pair of them were currently under a shade of a tree.

"Simple, I just said that we work better together than with anyone else, but don't worry I apologized to Evans" She stated making him sigh.

"The full moon is in two days; you know if you don't feel up—"

"If you dare finish that sentence Ezekiel Scamander you'll be punished severely" Evanie snapped her book shut making her brother flinch.

"Well, since what happened, I feel like it'd be harder for you to handle me"

She got up from his lap and narrowed her eyes," Just because I had a row with someone doesn't change a thing. Besides, I've had my fair share of people who angered me"

"But this is different, especially since you...kind of had a thing with Remus" He argued having both hands on her shoulder.

"It's history now Zeke, what happened is over and if you bring it up again, you'll be meeting the end of a horrid hex" She spat but then sighed running a hand through her hair," Sorry I didn't mean to put my anger on you"

"I'm angry to sis, but—look, I know James and Sirius told the other two, but maybe it's not as bad as you put it"

"Are you suggesting I just forgive them?" She asked slowly making him nod his head slowly.

"But why? Why should I make an effort to forgive people who destroyed my trust?" she asked genuinely confused.

"To be fair, it was James and Sirius—but honestly, think of it like this. If you knew a secret would you tell me about it?" He questioned

"Of course, I already felt like complete arse not telling you about the two finding out I was an animagus"

"Then do you see my point? Those four are the best of mates in existence. Telling secrets between them must be like breathing, and I can wager that they would not let it get out beyond them" Ezekiel stated confidently making his sister for once not have an idea how to comment.