Ch.5 Swampy

Steve's Pov

"Go on then, retrieve her blood." I tell my annoying assistant.

"You're not my boss, Steve. Again, I've been here longer than you." Wendy huffs. "Why don't you go get the blood?" She snaps.

"I will only because I'm above arguing over something that doesn't need to be argued about. But remember Wendy, no one likes to work a difficult girl."

"Call me a difficult girl one more time and I'll send the giant centipedes after you." She threatens.

"No no no, NOT the centipedes." I shake. Wendy knows that's my biggest fear. I wipe the forming sweat off my forehead with my tie before going to the backroom and pulling down the big golden lever. I watch from the screens above as the girls blood in the tunnel seeps down and into the golden goblet. I carry the goblet of blood over to one of the eight pedestals before going back to the main control room where everyone is.

"Aw come on! I thought for sure player two would survive longer. I placed my bets she would be second to last dead." I hear a woman chatter to her friends.

"Really? She seemed too timid to me. Not enough grit." Another woman says.

"But player three was all intense and strong and what not and she was first to go! I guess her temper got the better of her and she wasn't thinking right in the moment. Got herself killed too fast." Someone else says. "Well, I'm going to bet on player six now. I think she'll survive last. Clearly we should be expecting the unexpected."

"Why do you not expect much from player six? She's the one that found the camera." The first woman argues. I chuckle as I listen in on everyones conversations about the "game" going on up above.

"Hey Wendy darling." I snap a few times and then wave my hand for her to come closer.

"I swear to God Steve, if you don't cut this patronizing bullshit I will make sure you don't leave here alive." She grits her teeth. "Now what do you want."

"I think our players are ready for something new." I smile. "Trigger the painting and send in player seven."

.

.

.

.

Jess's Pov

"Hey Nugs? You haven't said anything yet...." Natalie says quietly. Brooke has been blankly staring ahead as I hold onto her arm since we've started walking through the dark tunnels.

"What do you want me to say exactly?" Brooke says coldly.

"I-I don't know...sorry..." Natalie says sheepishly.

"Come on Nugs, you're our leader. What's the plan?" Abby says, stepping front of us. I shine my flashlight down so it's not in Abby's face.

"The plan is to survive." Brooke says coldly again.

"That doesn't sound like a great plan." Abby says matter of factly.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO FUCKING SAY?!" Brooke explodes. "Do you wanna just fucking drive out of these woods and go back to school and pretend like none of this happened?! Do you want to go back to our "normal" lives?! Do you wanna call the police and tell them our friends were MURDERED by blood thirsty WEREWOVLES!? What do you wanna do Abby?! What's YOUR FUCKING PLAN?!"

"Please, try to calm down Elmo." My voice quivers. "Werewolves might hear us down here."

"Fine whatever, they can have me. Fuck this." Brooke shoves my hands off of her and crosses her arms. She leans against the cold tunnel walls and looks in the direction we just came from. "Becca is just down that way. Dead. On the fucking wet dirty ground. We are just walking away. Casey's HEAD is laying on the ground a few yards away from her body and we just ran away from her too. Are we just going to keep dying and running away from each other until we are all dead? because if so, I'll just go now."