The Confession *No Smut*

This is how I imagine Buck and Eddie finally confessing their feelings for each other.

(Takes place in season 4/post-season 3)

(Set to the song Are You With Me by Nilu)

*Buck and Eddie were just involved in a tragic call, on which both of them came close to death*

"You can't keep coming after me like that, Buck."

"You were in trouble, Eds, I can't just let you go."

"It's part of the job. We focus on the people in danger first, and sometimes that means joining them."

"Except I can't focus when I'm worried about you. I can't sit by and do nothing."

"Even if that means that you could die, too? What about Chris?"

"What?"

"Who would Chris have if you tried to save me and failed, too, huh? He would lose both of us. What then?"

"I don't know... Eddie, I-"

"You what, Buck?!"

"I'm in love with you! All I think about is you. When we're on a call, all I can think about is whether you're okay. When I'm alone, all I can think about is that I'd rather be with you and Chris. When that well caved in on you, I tried to claw my way to you through the dirt, because all I could do was not lose you. 

"I can't focus because I'm in love with my best friend and part of the only family I've got.  It kills me to think that we could die and you'd never know how I feel, okay? So I'm making my love here.

"If you can tell me that you don't love me back, I'll forget all about it, or do whatever I have to do to stay best friends. Anything to have you in my life, however that looks."

"I can't tell you that, Buck. I can't tell you to forget it. Because I'm in love with you too."