Waking Up Apart

A/N

Sorry the first chapter is short. I hope you enjoy this sequel. If you have not read  All The Lies go to my profile and read it because this won't make sense otherwise. https://www.wattpad.com/story/238854002-all-the-lies

 Remember to vote and post questions and suggestions in the comments. Please go read my other works.

◇◇◇

Chapter 1
Peeta's POV

I wake in a cold room. It is dark with no windows, there is only a metal door, and it is shut.
Katniss is nowhere I can see, and the room is so small and bare.
I lie on a mattress on the floor, wearing a bloodstained blue jumpsuit and a strange purple belt.
The games flood back into my head. We were allies with Finnick, Johanna, and Beetee. Katniss shot an arrow at the forcefield surrounding the arena, and it all went down. All the Capitol networks set up. We were injured and knocked to the ground. And I didn't save Katniss.
I didn't save her.
She's gone.
And it's my fault.

◇◇◇

Katniss's POV

The hospital bed is cold and lonely. The room is too sterile, too white.
There are so many tribes going in and out of me.
In the past few days, doctors have come in and out, propping me up on pillows, adjusting the tubes, asking me how I am.
I never reply. I don't need to.
They should know how I feel.
They didn't rescue Peeta.

◇◇◇

I drift in and out of consciousness, trying to escape the nightmares and then realising reality is just as bad and wanting to sink back into sleep.
Back nearly 2 years ago, before the first games, I didn't feel like I needed anything else. I was fine and just wanted to be solitary, didn't want anything to change.
But then Peeta was forced into my life and I began to love him. And now I can't live without him.
But I'm going to have to.

◇◇◇

My mind drifts to the baby.
How am I going to take care of it without Peeta?
He is the one who will be a good parent, not me.
I can feel the baby stirring inside me, and it creates a sense of uneasiness.

◇◇◇

I just want to go home.
Back with my Mother and Prim and Peeta, away from Snow with no war and a place we could be safe.
But we can never go back to that now. Snow burnt down my home.
So we have to fight to get a better one.