Letter from the Editor

Dear Readers:

Thank you so much for picking up our third issue of PINK DANDELION! 

We have put together a strong collection this fall 2020 with a new "Moms of Wattpad" column by Brittney Dennis; a shout-out to the Chick Lit Noir sub-genre by Emily S. Hurricane; a poem about unrequited love and hope for new love by Alena Leikela; and an interview with popular bilingual writer Rosa Aimee which takes place (virtually) in a beautiful location in Puerto Rico, particularly good timing since we are celebrating everything Hispanic and LatinX this month on Wattpad. 

Of course, we also have lots of fiction for you to enjoy this season. In "Lotus Flower," Amanda Hare writes about restoring our faith in humanity. Brittney Dennis offers a tender and exquisitely-written tale of love during the pandemic with her short story "Our Morning." Victoria's sharp dialogue and quick-witted characters charm in "Hidden Vines." 

Music lover? You'll swoon for Stacie Eirich's short romance, "The Treble Cafe." Next, Shree delights with a flash fiction gem called "The Sweet and the Sour." Cynthia Dagnal-Myron thrills us with an excerpt from her Wattpad novel, The Middle Passage. Milia Hartam gifts us with another tale from the dating frontlines with her extended short- fiction piece. Finally, Athena Hernandez gives us the shivers and the sweets with her Halloween story, "The Reading." 

Many thanks to Grace Mark for her wonderful illustrations and cover. Check out our News & Announcements page and our Submissions page to see how you can see your work highlighted in Wattpad's premier Chick Literary Magazine. 

See you around Wattpad!

Shelley

PS: If you like what you read here, please check out the profiles of the writers and read their books. And please consider shouting out this magazine to your friends and followers. 

*****

Shelley Burbank  a.k.a. shelleyburbank is a Wattpad Paid Stories author, a Wattpad Star, and co-founder of the Chick Lit Nest and PINK DANDELION QUARTERLY.  She regularly appears on THE CORNER BOOTH YouTube show talking with other Wattpad writers about craft and marketing. She has been published in little and literary magazines and in confession magazines such as TRUE STORY and TRUE LOVE. A ghostwriter and journalist, she writes feature articles for newspapers, and a memoir she wrote was traditionally published by Myers Education Press in 2019. She lives in San Diego.