Wattpad Chick Lit & Rom-Com News

Some brief items  from around the Wattpad Universe.

OFFICIAL PROFILE CONTEST ANNOUNCED

The official Wattpad  Romance profile is partnering with several other profiles to offer a new Winterfest 2020 contest! They say, "Winter is like that relative you don't want to see, but have to..." and is looking for stories about all the things that make winter bearable. Maximum length for entry is a whopping 25K words...novelette size, I'd say. A petite novella. An super-sized short story. Or something smaller. Your choice. The story has to be based on one of several provided prompts. Contest started Oct. 1 and goes through December 29...so still plenty of time! For more info check https://www.wattpad.com/story/241901768-winterfest-2020.

AFTER WE COLLIDED RELEASE DATE

The Wattpad new adult romance sensation, AFTER by Anna Todd, led to published books and a big-screen movie. On October 23, 2020 the sequel, AFTER WE COLLIDED was released in the U.S. The story, called AFTER 2 on Wattpad, followed the continuing story of Tessa and Hardin. Tessa is played by Josephine Langford; Hardin is played by Hero Fiennes Tiffin. This story was originally One Direction fan fiction and charmed millions (and millions) of readers on Wattpad early on. Congratulations Anna Todd a.k.a. imaginator1D and Wattpad. 

CONTEST WINNER ANTHOLOGY POSTED

The official Wattpad Chicklit and Women's Fiction profile chicklit has posted winners of their "Hear Me Roar" contest. Check out all the strong, female-empowered poetry! https://www.wattpad.com/story/161025131-chicklit%27s-winner-anthology

NATIONAL NOVEL WRITING MONTH

Are your participating in NaNoWriMo this year? This is the month of November when many of us writers jump into this mega challenge of writing 50K words from November 1 to November 30. It is fast. It is fun. It might keep you up 'til all hours of the morning trying to hit your writing goal for the day. Cheering you on is the Chick Lit Nest! 

This is a good way to get a full-length novel drafted FAST. 

If you have registered for NaNo on their website https://nanowrimo.org (or if you are just going to do it without registering--perfectly legit option, by the way) and you are going to post your chapters here on Wattpad, why not send Chick Lit Nest a link so we can add it to our special list! We aim to help our followers with their promotion efforts and provide a safe and nurturing community on our conversation page. We welcome all levels of writers to send their links and join the conversation. 

Have some chick lit, romance, or women's fiction news? Leave a comment!