Chapter 10

The platinum carriage with the Cajarte crest symbol plastered right before of the naked sight to the people as we pass by. Enough to gain numerous attentions that I obviously didn't want to happen. We entered a path, with no soldier leaving to guard. Yet, there was an old carved signboard that caught my eyes.

Welcome to Persian. And so, it says.

As I look around, comparing the venue to Celtic. There are a lot of malnourish children laying down in a dark street. That results to stealing food from a store, such a young age dares to have mischievous hands. Houses that was made of woods were completely destroyed, no hope of fixing it once again. The compiling of dried leaves that fell from the trees didn't help to soothe the problem of the townspeople.

I sighed. What a devastating scene.

The usual, when I travel. I brought Celine with me and some few knights along the visit. It feels like just before I came to Celtic. Whereas, the difference between the reason why my heart is thumping faster was being anxious meeting those Vassals.

Expectedly, the butlers and maids were already line up to welcome my presence when the carriage cease in front of the mansion. Jackson informed me, that there was no need for me to sleep in the inn during my stay. He was quite prepared and immediately send a letter to the servants of the manor that the Grand Duke bought in Persian. Though, the Head Butler this time, was a young fine man with a gentle smile. He offered his hand to assist me getting down.

"Greetings Your Excellency!"

"Ah, yes. Madam is fine."

It never really occurs to me how I am still embarrassed with this kind of situation. Yet, not once I showed it to my face. I remain my cold reaction, exhibiting my authority to them.

However, in reality. I was just doing the things I learned from my teacher and currently want to cover my flushing cheeks with my hands to hide the attempt of being red. The tone of my voice, kind of slip and I just want to impose a good image of me to their minds. Wondering if I really did well.

The butler guides me to where my room that I will be staying for the meantime. Celine was headed to the maid's quarter. My eyes roamed around the area; it didn't disappoint me that the palace was shining clean.

Grand Duke Alcide, what a lucky man. Having a huge house yet rarely come in this place. Such, a waste. Well then, my jobs start here.

As I pass by to some maids who do their chores, leaving no trails of dirt. They will instantly bow their heads cheerfully to greet me. Noticing that it always applies as well to the others. Their delighted eyes were just full of overflowing happiness. Perhaps, there are expectations that formed in their minds that I have to meet.

"Is this palace usually lively?" I ask the butler curiously.

"No, Madam. Since, this is the first time that our master will visit the mansion. We decided to warmly greet them," he chuckled full of imagination flowers surrounding him. quite different from Jackson who is firm.

We arrive at the front door of my room. The butler bid goodbye respectfully at me to let me rest but I made him not to leave yet. Though, there is actually something I really want to do when I came to this place than to lay down on bed.

"I will take a tour on the outside."

"Then, we shall call a knight that will guard you. It's quite chaotic these days. So, please be careful."

"Alright. I'll take that offer."

The first thing that I visit was the market. Walking down on the road with the two knights besides me. Looking around and enjoying the busy people. Voices that came from different places, promoting their products with at their best.