Chapter 15

Grand Duke Alcide Cajarte

"Your Excellency!"

I was busy formulating a strategy, inspecting down at the ancient map. When Josh came in my tent breathing heavily, interrupting my focus. It appears like he run towards my place as the droplet of his sweats tarnish the ground.

"Sire!"

"I can hear you perfectly," I stated. My eyes went back to the scroll.

"T-they're on their move!"

The hand that was holding a quill stopped just as my body froze with his news. My eyes widen and hissed.

"We were informed by a knight that was assign in the watchtower. Their flags are drawing closer! What must we do?"

"Prepare the troops!"

"Understood," he salutes before gathering the soldiers to assemble for the battle.

I wore my armor, forsaking the helmet. The gun was kept hidden in the pocket of my leather belt, besides the steel sword. Tons of bullets that was inside of a wooden box was brought as my orders.

Accidently, I glance back at the map. I clicked my tongue as my plan didn't go beyond of what I imagine. Currently, quite feeling pissed at their sudden attack. We should've been the one who's surprising them with the invasion yet, the tables have been turned around.

The enemy must be confident to win this war. What might the King of Mazo scheming to be the one to raid us first? How bold of him. I gritted my teeth; I will make sure that I will hear his scream in pain as I will be the one to slit his throat.

We reach a high ground, the border between the Arello and Mazo. One more step and I will trespass their land. The sight above of the dancing tree leaves and the horizon between the ocean and skies were mesmerizing. As we look down, our opponents were marching towards with their usual attire for a combat.

A familiar scenario. Thousands of armies, with their shield and sword. Nothing seems suspicious. However, I do feel a strong phenomenon will occur. Whispering me to pull back. Begging for us to return at the camp.

I chuckled. Who am I kidding? Even if the devil will be my rival, I would still have the courage to find ways to bring him back to hell. Kill him again and again.

Mazo, composed of various Dukedoms and lords. Ruled by a single King. They joined their forces, providing soldiers just to conquer this land. Quite impressive, I must say.

I signal my soldiers to wait for a minute before releasing their hands that was smoothly gripping the string of their bow. A wind pass by, we can feel the cool air beyond our armor and their fast heartbeats as they gulp their own saliva with their fingers turning cold.

When I think it was the right time, I nodded my head and let them showered arrows to our enemies. Screams of panic from down below made me anticipated a scene of wipe out soldiers bathing with blood.

They were reloading their bows as fast like a lightning speed. A minute pass by before I motioned my hand to cease. No one must have survived from that as we surely rained them with a thousand of arrows.

A brave soldier dared to check the low ground for the outcome. We waited for him to announced the number of the foes that have died from the assault. However, he turned his faced with horror filled in his eyes.

"Sire. None," he reported with pale lips.

"Do you mean; no one was left alive?" a random knight answered. His smile was vast like the space of the forest. He claps his hands with the other, already celebrating victory without my permission. "Yes. We can return back early and eat canned foods!"