Chapter 25

"What would suit to your taste?"

I blink for a few times and I remember that we were in the middle of choosing our outfit for the grand ball. I flip the pages of the glossy catalogue and browse through their gowns. We were sitting beside each other in the guests' room where we received the renowned designer.

And every time my skin would brush against his, I could feel a million volts of electrifying my body alive. My fingers tremble as his manly perfume sucks in my nose with how his sturdy chest is closer.

Perhaps I should think other thoughts. No, rather think anything else aside from this handsome gentleman. Right, should I share my knowledge about an amazing invent from the Kingdom of Velez?

The people in that country doesn't use a candle to light their world. Instead, they used this astonishing object called bulb and just hang it on the ceiling and it will impressively lighted the whole area. Literally, you can see everything in without holding a lamp, it was impressive and I wanted it sadly; I can only see the real thing on the books that I've read.

"Hmm?"

He watched me with a smirk on his lips as if it was a jest that I was too focus in staring at the garments seriously. At the edge of my sight, I can tell without glancing, that I become unconscious with my appearance. Did Celine apply me some of the cosmetics that was purchased not long ago? How do I look in his eyes to begin with? Or was it my eyebags with my puffy eyes? Now, that was bothersome.

"Have you already decided?"

"Yes? Ah." I tried to call to him through his name yet my willpower is backing out whenever I see his proud nose, his playful thick eyebrows and soft lips that have ravish my body for a hundred of times. I wonder how many women that fell under his charm spell. Would I be able to escape from this tyrant man?

"What do you think about this?"

He pointed the matching clothes available. The dress was a color of a teal green that looks elegant with less frills but it will surely glitter even at night. While the tux was black however, the ornaments attach to the coat has slightly of the same color with mine.

"That's fine too."

I don't know why; it was quite peaceful for the both of us. Perhaps, Crystal is not here to annoy me. She was force to study, crazily write a few scrolls and copy some of the text of the book. Her teacher was strict, is the reason she can't escaped and I'm glad that I was left alone together with the Grand Duke.

"Then, we will order this," he said to the designer.

"Instantly, Your Excellency."

A few days went by and the extravagant occasion was tonight. The servants woke me early in the morning to make me prepared. I never knew that getting ready was more hectic than hosting a tea gathering.

"Quick! We must shampoo her hair!"

"What about the oil essentials? Would rose scent be good?"

"Massage her shoulder, it's quite stiff."

My head was spinning as I can only feel them pulling me in one place to another and my body would go along with the flow. They've applied face mask while they are scrubbing my skin. As if they weren't contented with only one product, they also added few more drops of moisture damp into my skin.

If I was a middle rank, I would be fine with simply taking a bath and wearing the gown. No more bothering with all of these but it was different with a higher status. After the bath, the fashion designer came and fit the gown for my right size.