Chapter 26

Earlier before the situation got worse. I could still vividly recall in my memories, the scene of elegancy and high-class people. Royal music was playing, making the night blissful. It was an aroma of a sophisticated event.

The ladies were giggling and laughing with the champagne they were holding in between of their fingers. The pearls around their necks were glamorous that kept their dignity to be intact. And if I will be able to grade their socializing skill, I will give them an outstanding mark.

Their posture was the symbol of their million times of firm training and I was embarrassed to stand by their side and blend with them. Meanwhile, the venue was filled with chattered business of the gentlemen. Their talk was all about potential investments and revenues.

I walk near the long table, where the banquet was neatly placed. For, I couldn't relate with the two parties. Though, various of food was presented that made me feel less uncomfortable. From the main dish until to the last end which is the desserts. However, with all of these, I chose a wine brought by the server as my appetizer.

Then, come along Sir. Knight Josh. Walking closer to my ground with his dashing style in his suit. He was supposed to lead the raid with the army in the Nababaliw Dukedom. Yet, he's here to escort his master's concubine. But that company of him, found herself dancing with my partner. Which making me grip the stem of the glass tightly.

"Madam, please don't stray farther from me," he stated as if he was begging.

"I'm not going anywhere."

I assured him but his eyes roam my face, seems like he was looking for a trace of jest. He must know that I'm not type of lady to fool around, he breathed out and messes his hair. It was unbelievable at first for he bothered to wore a tux that I never saw in him before. He always wears his armor, if he didn't change. I will assume that he never took a bath. Then, he abruptly grabbed my beverage and drank it with all of his might.

"That was mine."

"No alcohol for you Madam. Strictly prohibited by your husband."

"It's just a wine."

"Still a no."

"But it's a ball. What am I suppose to do?" I asked with irritation.

"Perhaps, is there anything that displease you?"

"Not at all Sir. Josh," I shook my head and simply took another shot of glass secretly when a servant pass by. The warm drink sweep in my throat that seems like a fire burning with passion. The truth is, the sight of His Excellency holding the Princess between in his arm was a sore to my gaze but i could never admit that to Sir. Josh.

They dance really well as if they own the world and the spotlight follow their shoes where they touch the shining floor. I sipped my drink when the Knight was busy roaming his eyes to our surroundings. I could escape from him and go to the garden of the Imperial Palace where a peaceful scenery awaits me. If only my gown was not as heavy as his sword.

Thus, this is where the Crown Prince will interfere. Strolling in our direction and asking for my hand to dance and the Grand Duke with his furious dark eyes will suddenly appear and snarl at him.

"Is that a declaration?" they stared at each other's eyes for a couple of seconds then, the Crown Prince suddenly burst a laugh.

"My friend, why are you too serious? It's just one dance with your wife."

"Oh please, why don't you let His Highness? After all, it will be embarrassing to your name if you're strongly against it," Crystal butt in and interlink her arm with the Grand Duke. Her chest was pressing on his clothes that made me raised a brow and gulp down my wine.