Prologue

The light coming from my cellphone slightly illuminated the darkness of my room. It's quarter to three in the morning and here I am, still awake and facing my phone.

I opened my YouTube application and clicked the scheduled live stream of the interview that I will watch. 15 minutes left.

Hindi maalis ang ngiti sa labi ko habang hinihintay na magsimula ang video. Ito ang unang interview ni Harry Styles matapos niyang irelease ang kaniyang second album.

2 minutes left.

Halos manginig ang aking mga kamay habang tinitingnan na matapos ang countdown. It may sound exaggerated but heck that's what I'm feeling.

"-and here with us tonight, the one and only, Mr. Harry Styles!" hindi ko na naintindihan pa ang naunang sinabi ng interviewer at natuon lamang ang pansin ko sa kausap niya.

His hair was brushed up, exposing his forehead and his expressive green eyes were staring intently at the interviewer.

"Thank you! It's a pleasure to be here, actually. And you look fabulous, by the way." his deep voice enveloped my ear- because I'm wearing earphones.

I noticed that the interviewer blushed. Who wouldn't? Ako nga ay kinilig din kahit hindi naman ako ang sinabihan niya noon. That's the effect of Mr. Styles.

He's asked about his latest album, and many more but there was one question that I didn't expected at all.

"During your stay at the Philippines, many people have seen you with this particular girl. Is she your girlfriend?"

"No. No she's not my girlfriend. I don't have one."

Natigilan ako sa sinagot niya. I stared at the screen of my phone. He did not even hesitated when he answered the question. The corner of my eyes heated and tears started to fall.

No. No she's not my girlfriend. I don't have one.

I felt my heart shattered in pieces. He has no girlfriend but I'm sure that he's my boyfriend when he left the Philippines. I smiled bitterly.

I stayed up all night just to watch Harry Styles denies that I am his girlfriend.