Part 10: The Betrayal

"We're pulling you out," Steve spoke to Clint through his burner phone. Clint stood alone in his makeshift room the gang put together for him. "WHAT?!" Clint yelled at the phone before quieting his voice "Why?" Steve tried to explain "We have all the info we need to take down this gang. We don't need you to get in the crossfire." "I am more than capable of..." Clint started up before Steve interjected "I know. Trust me, I know. But things are about to get messy and we don't want one of our own getting hurt. We're pulling you, that's final." Clint gave a heavy sigh as he ran his hand through his hair with frustration at Steve and this situation. He would hate to admit it, but his feelings have started to get in the way.

(Y/n) wasn't this heartless person Fury made them out to be. They care for their family. They're fearless in the face of danger and would rather take a bullet than for it to end up in someone they care about. Clint's mind started spiralling before stopping at a thought that crossed his mind about the flash drive and the timeline "Wait it's only been a few weeks since I gave you the flash drive and that only had shipping documents on it. Where did you get the evidence to pin (y/n) for murder?" Steve was hoping Clint wouldn't ask this question "(y/n)'s brother has been feeding us intel in exchange for immunity. This wasn't my idea but Fury seemed..."

Clint hung up the phone immediately realizing what Daniel was planning to do. Taking a space flash drive from under his dresser, he shoved it into his pocket before sprinted down the hall to your medical room. "(Y/n)! I have to tell you some..." As he turns the corner, he spots Daniel standing next to you looking devastated. Surround you are a dozen or so of your men crowded into the room. Your devastation quickly turns to rage "Seize him!" You yell to your men. In seconds, Clint is pinned to the floor yelling. His sentences are coming in fragments as they press down on him causing you to have to tell them to hold him up so you can hear him. Finally able to speak, he tells you "Daniel plans to kill you!"

Doubt clouds your judgment for a second. It would make sense right now. You can't walk really and now one of the people in your inner circle just turned out to be a traitor. It would be perfect. Though, that doesn't fit Daniel. He has higher standards and more class than to take out someone while they're down. "That's nonsense, Hawkeye. You're going to have to come up with something better than that." You look to the men holding him "Get rid of him but don't kill him. If we kill an Avenger, we might as well throw ourselves off a cliff." They take him away as he tries yelling warnings at the oncoming dangers. You turn to Daniel with still the ping of deception and betrayal hot on your mind. "Thank you for telling me. How did you figure it out?"

He spoke calmly to you "I heard him talking to Steve Rogers once." As he spoke, you noticed the uneasiness tension in the room. Sweat ran down the forehead of one of your men while another fidget with their gun. Only when someone closed the door did you realize that Clint was in fact right. You jerked your head to Daniel who had by now pulled his own gun on you.

If you don't already, go follow my Instagram where I post stories like these on there.

IG|@marvelimagines

Leave a comment and like the story!

Also follow my Wattpad: @realmarvelimagines

Thanks for all the support! 💚