Chapter 9

Yura's POV:

I was happily walking home,humming a random tune.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't notice what I was walking into.

Suddenly I bumped into someone.

I gasped as I saw that I had bumped into a pregnant woman.

"Oh my god I'm so so sorry." I exclaimed repeatedly as I helped her pick her grocery bags.

She chuckled.

I looked at her. She was so pretty.

And the street lights flashing in her face made her more prettier.

"It's okay er-" She said.

"Yura." I replied smiling.

She smiled back at me.

"Yeah,it's okay Yura, it's not that big of a deal." She said,patting my shoulder.

I shook my head.

"No. I should've been more careful. Now please let me help." I said,gently taking the grocery bags from her hands.

She hesitated at first,but eventually gave in.

We started chatting as we walked to her house. Her name was Kim Sana.

Soon we appeared in front of a bakery like shop.

"You live here?" I asked,a bit amused.

She nodded.

"Yes,me and my husband run this bakery,and we live in an apartment above it." She explained.

"Oh." I nodded my head as my eyes traveled up to the signboard hung above the shop.

Orange Marmalade.

Was written in a flashy neon orange.

Why did that name sound so familiar?

Sana's voice made me come out of my trance.

"Yura,come in." She said,gesturing me to follow her.

We went inside. I put down the grocery bags on a nearby table.

"Honey,I'm home." Sana called out and a tall,broad like figure appeared from the back of the bakery.

"Babe,you're home." He said,smiling at her but his gaze turned into a horrified one as soon as he locked eyes with me.

It was that magician.

"You!" I yelled out,pointing a finger at him.

"Yura?" He asked confused.

"Uh,you guys know each other?" Sana asked,sensing the tension.

The man sighed.

"Sana,she's the girl who took the cats." He said.

"Ah,that girl." Sana nodded her head while I was still glaring at Sock-wait no what was his name? Ah Seokjin.

*******************

Seokjin,me and Sana sat down at a table as they explained what happened. Apparently,both Seokjin and Sana were magicians. Sana loved cats but was allergic to fur. So Seokjin had no option but to keep the kittens outside. But the day I saw the kittens,he thought they would be better off with me.

"But why didn't you tell me they were cursed?" I asked impatiently.

This time Sana spoke up.

"Actually the cats weren't cursed from the start. One day,they stole some bread from the bakery kitchen. And my husband cursed them to be humans out of anger. But we completely forgot about it. And by the time you took them,it was too late." She said,sighing.

"But Yura,if they are too much trouble,I can turn them back to cats." Seokjin said.

I thought about it. Did I want them. Ofcourse I did. Even if they were a handful,but I still cared for them.

"No,it's fine." I smiled at them.

"Are you sure?" Sana asked,and the both of them exchanged worried glances.

"Yes I am absolutely sure." I replied firmly.

Both of them smiled.

"Okay,if you're so sure." Seokjin said,scratching his neck awkwardly.

*************

After the conversation I told them I needed to leave. They handed me a basket filled with baked goods.

"Consider this as a token of thanks." Sana said,handing me the basket.

I smiled and slightly bowed towards them as I walked out of the shop.

I stepped out of the bakery and started walking.

I turned around to look at the bakery...

But it was no longer there.

I used my free hand to rub my eyes.

Where the frick did the bakery go?!