37

"So then I say hey nigga gimme my change back before I have my uncle whoop yo ass." Sylvester and I sat on my leather sofa in my office while the staff cleaned up downstairs. I was stroking his head while he laid in between my legs sprawled out. It was nice and comfortable up here and he was telling me a story about him standing up to the neighborhood's thirty something year old bully.

"No you did not. You was a bold nine year old. You been with the shits huh?" I rolled my eyes on the sly half listening to him.

"You know me baby, I'm down to knock a nigga down a few feet, especially for you. And after my grandmother beat his ass with her cane he never showed his face again."

"I wish I could've met her."

"Yeah me too. She would've loved you." He kissed me on the chin.

"That's nice to hear."

"I want you to meet my mom. I told her about you and she's really excited to meet you."

"Wow. Okay I can do that. I haven't met a mom since I was seventeen."

"And I think I want to reopen my uncle Benny's case."

"Are you sure you want to deal with it? I don't want you to get too deep into the case and get hurt because you found out something you were not supposed to find out."

"Jayda, I can admit I cried when he died, but I'm not crying any more." I sucked my teeth. If he gets into something I'm not bailing him out. "My mentality is intact, I'm fine."

"No I'm not talking about your emotions not your feelings I'm talking about you getting physically hurt cause didn't you say your uncle was dealing before he died?"

"Yeah," He ran his hands over his face. "Your man's a tough cookie, remember that. I can take a punch as well as I can throw one." I chuckled, putting my fist up to his nose and he playfully bit it.

"You know punches isn't the only way niggas get their point across." I threw that out to get it through his head that this isn't just some fun Sherlock Holmes shit. This is Chicago and when you poke your nose in the wrong business you're bound to get it cut off and some more ruthless shit and I couldn't bear to see that happen to Sylvester.

"I should probably tell you that I have an errand to run so I have to get going." He stood to his feet causing my warm body to go cold.

"No, we were just comfortable. Spend the night with me." I pouted.

"Baby we have all weekend to do whatever we want to each other and sleep the day away if you want, be patient." He moved my hair to the side and kissed me on the cheek until our lips finally moved together. He smiled, making his cheekbones rise to the top.

"Whatever, get out of here before I take you down on this couch." I waved him away.

"If I didn't have somewhere to go I'd take you up on that offer." He chuckled.

"Bye Sylvester." I laughed while clicking on a file on my computer. Sighhh another four hours until closing. I don't even need to be here, but I just been sitting on my ass making money lately. I don't mind, it's just I'm used to being a busy body.

Time eventually passed and it was ten minutes past twelve and I was helping my staff clean up the place before I headed home.

"It's okay I'll take it out back."

"Oh no it's fine it's my job."

"Move." I demanded my employee before she just chuckled and let go of the trash can. I can do it. I tied up the trash before dragging it out the back door. It was dark and as I was opening the dumpster I heard a noise nearby. It looked to have been something rummaging through the dumpster. As my vision made out a silhouette it turned out to be someone instead of something.