xxviii. when it began

TWENTY-EIGHT,
when it began

TWENTY-EIGHT,when it began

⋆

TO SAY THAT ELLA'S head hurt would have been a rather large, and ironically amusing, understatement.

As the blonde-haired girl had never had the chance to experience this foreign type of throbbing pain that was slowly spreading across her temple, the sensation getting worse and worse the longer it took for her to fully awaken from her forcefully induced slumber. It was quite odd, how a little fourteen year old, maybe even fifteen, girl had found herself dealing with such an inconvenience. This inconvenience being that, she had absolutely no clue why her head was hurting, or where she had been dragged too. But, call it a gut feeling maybe, the teen knew that wherever she was, it was definitely not the terrified priest's white chapel.

This was quickly proven with the flutter of her eyelashes, the black tiny curtains that hung above her eyes slowly stirring from the immense pain she had been enduring these past few seconds. The ocean blue color of her lenses immediately began to reflect against a type of light, the source given automatically warming her already fever-tainted cheeks. This heat from inside of her body was most likely due to the torturous headache that riddled her forehead, the girl hurriedly assumed.

However, as much as the uncomfortable sensations erupting within her were complete and utter torment, Ella's curiosity, again, had gotten the best of her. The result of such temptations caused her head to silently perk upwards, only for her to internally regret that decision from the gut-wrenching pain that fired all throughout her body as a natural response.

"Ah, the little one's awake.." A voice began to speak, the words trailing behind their first ones drowning out amongst Ella's eardrums.

Following her sickening feeling of dismay within herself, a new, yet dreadfully familiar, anxiety began to swell within Ella Samuels. As, unfortunately, the blonde recognized this muffled voice. Where as she couldn't quite place a name on the person speaking, she could practically always remember where it had come from, even in her most wildest of nightmares. This person, after all, was from Terminus.