Chapter One!

The stars are a myth now. They used to be so bright and beautiful, but now the only star people can see is the sun. The city blasted the streets in an artificial glow. The street is busy even during the night and light in the room shining through sheer curtains.

Had it been any other day, I would have been on this roof for sightseeing, but today I had something I needed to investigate.

For the second time this week, I was going to bring justice. Or at least that's what I liked to call it. I knew, more than anyone, how villainous this job really was, the small pieces inside of me that still believed in heroism were hoping for a brighter future.

Even so, the people who died at my hands deserved it more than anything.

Subject 36, he was a businessman that killed to get where he was, and my job was to bestow upon him the death penalty.

I observed him through his bedroom window. The 3 women next to him looked brainwashed. He wrapped his tentacle arms around the innocent women and harassed them into tears. However, no screams came. This, ladies and gentlemen, is the work of human trafficking and slave trading.

Some weirdo was born with a slave quirk and would brainwash people into becoming slaves and ever since then, his business was booming. The money came in non-stop and so did the slaves.

I passed through the wall unnoticed and stabbed him right through the throat. His chubby tentacles unwrapped around the 3 girls. He wasn't entirely dead, but he was silently spasming in pain. The girls shook and moved away, breaking from their spell for only a minute. Their faces didn't change. Not a single trace of emotion.

On their arms was a snake-shaped mark that burned into their skin. I know what they were. Snither Slither, the name of the slave-trading business in Japan. A weird name, I know, but it was notorious for having a lock and key on their slaves.

If it had been any of the people working under me who removed the chip, which held them, a prisoner, they would have been caught by Snither Slither and killed. But I was the Jade Harvester and compared to a slave-trading group, I have a lot more influence. And for a reason.

The tattoo almost like a curse ran around their wrists. I tiptoed towards them, trying my hardest to not scare them. A human trafficking underground organization that kidnapped people in debt and or people with financial difficulties. Under the tattoo was a chip made by their engineers to brainwash the people they overtook.

Stabbing my knife through the skin carefully, I removed the buzzers. This would alert their company.

"You're... you look familiar." one of the girls with brown hair squeaked out.

"You also look familiar," I traced my hands on her chin and moved her face to look me in the eyes. "You're Ochaco Uraraka, the third year in U.A. that went missing not too long ago."

"Do you want me to take you home?" I played with her hair childishly which allowed her to relax.

"I no longer have a family, they killed them when I refused to give them my body." she cried with a scowl on her face.

I laughed hopelessly, yes, that's unfortunate. "What exactly are you getting at? You have this nasty scowl that can only mean one thing." I let go of her and turned my head towards the other girls, giving her a minute to think through her options.

"Please help us, we don't have anywhere to return to!" one of the girls begged on her knees and head on the floor. She cried in fear of my presence. "Help with what exactly? Please, do enlighten me."

"Don't act stupid, we know you're the Jade Harvester. I know you are, there's no way anyone would miss you" This girl, I know her all too well. She was a part of the league a few years ago, wasn't she?

"How did it come to this," I stood up straight and stared her down. "Toga?"

I laughed, I couldn't help myself. She lowered her gaze, giving in entirely. She knew the hierarchy. The league was nothing compared to me.

"The boss sold us" she shivered in anger.

"He even sold Shigaraki!" she clenched her fists. "I don't care what happens to me, but I really need to help them, please!" she clutched onto my leg and held on tight.

The more the merrier. I asked her to raise her head, which she complied, telling her that it was alright as long as she swore her life to me.

"Everything, from my soul to my heart, is yours." she sounded determined and disgusted at the same time. I don't have anything to fear, however, seeing as the disgust wasn't directed towards me.

The girl who had begged earlier was conversing with Uraraka and holding onto her with a scared expression.

"Have you decided?" Uraraka faced towards me. She looked at the girl who nodded.

"We want to help you in return for your help." She was staring straight into my eyes, absolutely not scared.

In the eyes of the citizens, the Jade Harvester, me, was a murderer who knew he was one, but he fought for the innocent. He killed the people who didn't deserve their power. Hero's who lied to their people, spies from different countries who would cause a problem for us all, and the rich who exploited the poor. It was what gave me my name. I would harvest the scum and in return be the only problem anyone had to worry about.

"Then you guys can help me finish the job." I turned my back away from them and faced the man who had stopped moving entirely. His eyes were dry and wide open. I instructed Toga to tie him up and place him on the bed, telling the two girls to simply place the envelope next to his body.

An envelope was a sign that I was here. It contained my reason for killing someone or kidnapping them. Whatever I did that involved me was proved with an envelope. At first, the authorities tried to hide it, but the reporters caught wind and passed it along. People began to see the corruption of certain 'heroes'.

I took the girls with me learning that the third girl's name was Kage Nora. She had a shadow quirk, which allowed her to hide any object in her shadow, the setback being, it can get heavy.

"Let's take you, girls, to your new home and place some ground rules." I skipped through a portal which gave a blue shine. I told the girls to go before me and came in right after setting off an alarm.

Levin is going to be so happy!