Chapter 4 - An Old Friend

I'm gonna be naming the chapters from now on! No more boring just "Chapter 1" :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was morning. Sunshine peeked through the hole that made up the entrance to Tommy's house, hitting his face, and eventually waking him up. He rolled out of bed. His bed was placed where he had put his ender chest in-game. Unfortunately, this meant that the sun would be hitting him in the face every morning.

"Hello!" Said a familiar voice. Tommy looked up to see... Tubbo. Holy shit. That's Tubbo. Tommy looked at the boy, who was smiling down at him. He was wearing a dark green button-up shirt and jeans. Tommy, slightly disgruntled at how Tubbo was taller than him at the moment, stood up from the bed. "Hey," Tommy said. "You... live around here?" what the fuck this is so awkward I already know this. "Yeah," Tubbo responded, "Just down that road. You're the new arrival, yeah?" Tommy looked down at Tubbo. He really doesn't remember me... He's got to... "Yeah, I'm new. My name's Tommy. What's yours?" It's Tubbo. I already know this. Why do I have to introduce myself to my best friend... Tubbo slightly frowned at this statement, although not knowing exactly why. "I'm Tubbo. You look familiar... like I've seen you before... maybe we knew each other before all this? Tell me, do I look familiar?" Tommy almost gasped. He knows me. Does he? Can I make him remember? Oh god oh god "Yeah. You do look kind of familiar. Really familiar now that I think about it..." Tubbo smiled in response. "Do you want a tour of the place? Or maybe Dream already gave you one?"

"No, he didn't. It was late at night... I guess we didn't have time." Tubbo smiled even more. "Well then, friend, follow me this way!" Tubbo walked away from Tommy's home and went onto the path, on the way back towards the community house. "This," Tubbo said, "Is Ponk's tree. It's a lemon tree, I believe." "Who's Ponk?" Tommy asked. "He's someone else who came here. Y'know, in the forest, no memories." "Right." They kept walking. "That up there is Punz's house." "Huh. What's the bamboo for?" "Dunno. Decoration, I guess." The boys walked down the path, then went back to walking on a straight path. "This," Tubbo said, turning to the right, "Is Purpled's house. It's shaped like a UFO. If you know what that is." Tubbo looked back at Tommy, smiling much wider than before. Tubbo turned around, walking towards the left side of the path. "And this is my house!" Tubbo said, walking through an archway in the wall that surrounded part of his house. He smiled at Tommy, looking awfully proud of what he had built. "That's cool! Where'd you learn to build?" "I'm not sure. Maybe I knew before, maybe it's a gut instinct. Who knows?" I know, dammit. "Yeah, we don't know." Tubbo walked closer to his house. "C'mon, I wanna show you my bees!"

Tubbo led Tommy to an area along the inside of the wall. There were beehives there, and they looked like they were set up to automatically collect honey. "Okay, so, this one right here is Spins, and this is Spunz! Aren't they so cute?" Tubbo said, obviously extremely happy about his bees. "Yeah, they are..." Tommy said, even though he was more freaked out by them. They looked like real bees, but much bigger, maybe being 1/3 of a meter long. Normally, they would probably look really gross because of this, but they did actually look kind of cute, somehow.

Tubbo began walking back through the archway, and Tommy followed along. They chatted a bit as they walked towards the community house. "So..." Tommy asked, "How long have you been here?" Tubbo stayed quiet for a bit, thinking. "Three months, I think. It's been a while. Dream and his friends have been here for over a year." Tommy stopped walking. "An entire year?" "Yeah," Tubbo said, "They've been here the longest. Something wrong?" Tommy hesitated. Dream had only been gone for a month. Not a year. How slow is time here? How much longer until we get out of this place? A day? A month? A year? 10 years? How much time will that be in the real world... "No, nothing's wrong. That was just longer than I expected, haha..." Tommy continued walking with Tubbo, but this time they were silent, leaving Tommy alone with his thoughts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 725