#12

"If you have any lingering attachment, you will have a resurgence of desire, anxiety and regret that's often mysterious to you when you attempt to make sense of it intellectually,"

Lisa Marie Bobby, therapist 

*******

Gabriel

I was in confusion when I opened my eyes

I was in confusion when I opened my eyes. The first ray of the morning sun filled the room and I wondered where I was. I felt a body beside me and so I turned to face her. It was Kristina, sleeping soundly, and for I moment, I was back to that feeling where I was 5 years ago...

Grabe ang pagod ng aking katawan, nakailang beses din kami kagabi, and looking at her pretty, sweet face didn't stop me from tracing a finger to her upturned nose and dropping a kiss on her lips

"Gab," she said, with eyes still close, and asleep.

Her voice and the sound of my name on her mouth gave a prick on my heart. Tumalikod ako sa kanya at tumayo. Napasako ako sa aking mukha. I felt weak... no exhausted from the emotional torture I felt and the whirlwind of emotion that's coming back and forth.

I was damn sure of what I wanted to do to her. Revenge. 

Pero tangina! that revenge turned into love making...at di lang basta basta sex. It was more powerful than I have ever experienced!

Dali dali kong sinuot ang aking mga damit. I have to get out of here. This was a huge mistake!

I wanted to put her in her place...  ang kunin ang lahat ng kinuha nya sa akin; her self respect and her power over me. Pero pucha, ang tanging ginawa ko ngayon ay buksan ang aming nakaraan at ang lahat ng sakit na dinulot nito!

I reached for my phone na nakapatong sa bedside table nya and I booked a Grab. Pwede ko rin namang tawagan si Roni at magpasundo but I didn't want him to see me this way. Matagal na naming driver si Roni, kahit noon pang mag asawa kami and he had witnessed everything. I didn't want him to see the turmoil inside me now kasi alam kong mababasa nya yun.

When I took my phone on the table, I noticed a small decorative box beside her lamp. It has a small picture, framed and clasped on it, taken on our wedding day, but what caught my attention more was the gold necklace on the box with our wedding ring on it as a pendant. Ilang beses ko nang nakitang suot nya ang chain na to at ilang beses ko na ring nakitang hinakawakan nya ang pendant everytime she spoke to me. My heart skipped a beat and I didn't know what to feel.