Chapter 10

Gwen was woken up by Stephen's cute face inches away from her. He was smiling like a creepy stalker. What was he so happy about? “G-w-e-n? You're awake?”

“Uh... Yeah? Are you high?”

“He's drunk.” Daisy confirmed.

“Really, Stephen?”

He nodded and ruffled his hair while grinning.

“Why?”

“My parents give me shit.”

“Oh. And why's that?”

“They want me to stop studying and marry this girl Katie or Cathy. I dunno, okay? The point is, after marrying her, I won't see myself as the young, hot model anymore. I'll be a sick hubby. Can you see me as a husband, taking care of kids? I mean come on, I'm a kid myself. I'm just naughtehhh!”

“If you're anything, that's a dunghead. Now get lost, this bed is so cozy!”

“My bed is cozier...” and then seeing the expression on Gwen's face, “Not.”

“Stephen, let me sleep! I didn't get much of it last night.” Liar, liar, pants on fire, it was the best sleep ever.

“Ofcourse you didn't. You were cutting potatoes!”

Gwen's brow creased in confusion. “I was what?”

“You were cutting potatoes in your sleep. Haha, Gwen, people sleepwalk, you sleepcutpotatoes. And don't you dare deny it! I saw you with my own amazing eyes.”

Gwen had an amused look on her face. “You overdosed,” she observed.

Stephen took her arms and pulled her off the bed shocking her. “What in the world Stephen?!”

“He is so funny when he's drunk! You shall watch this Gwen!” exclaimed Daisy. Stephen made her breakfast, something he did very well even when he was drunk.

“I wonder how good of a cook you'd be when you're sober.”

“And baby if you say you want me to stay, I'll change my mind...”

“What?”

“Boy, no matter what we will do, you step up, I step up too,” he started singing a mashup of songs, ocassionally flinging his arms putting Gwen in a close to death state.

“Stephen! STOP.”

“You got the moves like jagger! Ahan, ahan. But you didn't have to cut me off, make out like it never happened and that we were nothing! And I don't even need your love! You treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough. No you didn't have to stoop so low. Have your friends collect your records and then change your number. I guess I don't need that though. NOW YOU'RE JUST SOMEBODY THAT I USED TO KNOW!” By the time he was done with the song, Stephen was crying, fat tears running down his cheeks leaving Gwen in a panicked state.

“Stephen? Why're you crying?!”

“This song... It's just too sad!”

Gwen looked at him weirdly.

“Is that it?”

“IS THAT IT? IS THAT IT?! You don't know the hidden feelings behind this song! You have no idea with how much pain it's written!”

“Okay, okay. I'm sorry. Relax.” But Stephen was still crying... And that was very weird.

“Promise me something, Gwen?”

“Yeah?”

“Promise me that you'll never leave me.”

“I - I promise Stephen.”