Chapter 13

After the death of the morphling, Finnick, Peeta and I stayed on the beach. Although the beach is not safe because we are exposed, we knew the jungle was not a safe option either considering the horrors of last night.

It is now the morning, and Peeta, Finnick and I are all eating some fresh fish that Finnick and I caught this morning.

I am so hungry and work on eating my whole fish. I look over to my right and see Peeta working hard to get an oyster open, his little tongue sticking out as he concentrates. He finally manages to get open the oyster and smiles. He picks out a pearl from it and gives a small chuckle. He reaches out to me.

"For you." He says giving a sweet smile. I put down my fish and examine my new present.

"It's beautiful Peeta, thank you." He just smiles and begins to eat the inside of his oyster.

Uh oh. I realise I need to be sick NOW. I drop the pearl in the sand and run to the water to throw up my breakfast. Peeta is right behind me, holding back my hair and rubbing my back.

"Urgh when will this morning sickness go away!" I say frustrated.

"I'm so sorry Katniss" Peeta replies looking very sad.

"What's up honey?" I ask him confused.

"I know how hard pregnancy is for you, and I'm so sorry you have to go through with this." He replies with tears in his eyes.

"aw Peeta, its okay. Really. I mean yes this pregnancy is hard, but it's okay, I can deal with it because the outcome is a baby."

I am such an idiot. why did I say that. we wont end up with a baby because this baby will be dead soon, and Peeta and I. This baby will have no future. I immediately break down into tears.

Peeta just puts his arms around me. He doesn't comfort me and tell me its okay because he knows it wont be okay.

All of a sudden, we see a huge wave make a dramatic appearance as it smashes down many trees opposite us in the jungle. We hear a cannon boom. I wonder who that was. I see the ends of the wave come towards us. I quickly pick up my pearl from the sand before the wave takes it back to the ocean. I lose my fish but that's okay, I still feel sick and woudnt be able to eat anyway.

Then we hear chattering coming from the right side of the beach. Peeta and I duck down and Finnick stands against the tree, trying to see who these are.

"Johanna?" Finnick says. He steps out further on the sandy beach to get a better view.

"Johanna!" He shouts as he runs towards them. Peeta and I realise it is Johanna Mason from district 7. We also step out to get a closer look and realise she is with Wiress and Beetee. Wiress and Beetee? She thinks they are crazy why would she ally with them?

We begin to walk towards them, as I guess they are our new allies now.

"Hey fatty!" Johanna says smirking to me. I just roll my eyes, I've never really liked her and I would like to say something else right now, but I don't want to do anything that will get me killed.

I look over and see Beetee and Wiress in the water, washing off blood which covers them.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Well I got them out! We were all the way deep in the jungle where we thought we were going to be safe!" She starts. "That's when the rain started. What I thought was water was blood. Hot thick blood." "Then Blight hit the force field. He wasn't much but he was from home."

I see Wiress repeat the words "tick tock"

"What's wrong with her?" I ask Beetee, not really wanting to talk to Johanna.

"She's in shock. And dehydrated actually do you have any water?" I promise him I can get some but then I see Johanna almost wrestling with Wiress, telling her to be quiet.

I immediately get involved.

"Hey get off her!" I shout and try to push Johanna out the way. Johanna hits me in the stomach and I wince in pain. The pain is not overwhelming, but I can definitely feel it.

"Hey don't push Katniss!" Peeta screams angrily.

Peeta holds me away from Johanna as she cried out "don't tell me I can't push her she pushed me!" "And I got them out for you!" She repeats.

I turn to Peeta.

"What does she mean for me?" I ask.

"I don't know." He starts. "Well you did want them as allies, Maybe she just means that?"

I accept this could be it and just shrug it off.

"But how are you and the baby, she pushed you!" He asks very concerned.

"I'm okay, it only hurt a little bit." I whisper.

I look over to Wiress who is standing there confused, but with a smile on her face. I Chuck my bow on the sand.

"Come on let's get you cleaned up." I say as I take her towards the water.

I wash my hand and water through her bloody hair as I listen to her go on.

"Tick tock" she repeats

"Tick tock"

"Tick tock"

I start to think. Tick tock.

"Tick tock" I start to mutter. It's a clock. I look around the arena and start to make sense of it.

"It's a clock!" I call out.