Splenderific

Two months later.

"Kara, darling... have you seen my phone?"

Lena and Kara were getting ready to meet Alex for lunch.

This had been planned weeks in advance. Alex had called to let Kara know she'd be visiting for a few days, and of course Kara told her about Lena. The redhead had proceeded to interrogate her sister, and Lena was there to hear the entire conversation since Kara had the call on speaker.

"How long has this been going on?" Alex asked.

"A couple months."

"Are you serious? Have we drifted apart that much that I don't hear about you dating someone until months later? That stings a little, Kar. You used to tell me everything. We used to talk every single day when you first got to New York. Now I'm lucky if I hear from you every couple weeks..." Alex sounded somewhere between hurt and annoyed.

"Alex..."

"No, Kara. You know it's true."

"I'm sorry. Really. Let me make it up to you. We'll have so much fun when you get here. I even asked for the days off. And you're going to love Lena."

Kara went ahead and made plans with her sister for the three days she was going to be in New York. The first day, Alex would go with them to the diner. Then they'd show Alex the city and take her to see a broadway show. The second day was supposed to be filled with trips to art galleries and museums. And the third and final day would be spent in Lena's penthouse. Lena had arranged a brunch with her friends, as per Kara's insistence—Kara thought Alex would get along with Lena's friends. Later on they decided to also invite Kara's friends, Winn and Nia and Brainy. Lena had yet to meet Brainy, but from what she'd heard, he was a very interesting character.

Lena was nervous to meet Kara's sister. Her previous relationships never got far enough to meet the family, as one would say. She never even met Mercy's parents, and their relationship was pretty longterm. But that was mainly because she was young when she met Mercy, seventeen to be exact, and Mercy had been ten years older. Come to think of it, Mercy had completely taken advantage of Lena's innocence at the time. She took her virginity, her heart, and the years that Lena was supposed to be finding herself. Instead, the last of her teenage years were spent worshipping and chasing Mercy like a slave does its master. It was no wonder that Lena spent the better half of her early twenties trying to figure out who the fuck she was without Mercy Graves.

But all that didn't matter anymore. What mattered now was her very real relationship with Kara, one she wasn't willing to risk losing. Lena would do anything in her power to make this work, which is why she shoved her nerves aside and offered to drive Kara to the airport to pick Alex up.

"I think you left it in the living room!" Kara shouted from the bathroom.

Lena was looking around her room for her cellphone while Kara was getting all dolled up to go pick up her sister. The blonde was practically living with Lena. She barely spent time in her own apartment.

Kara was taking forever, and it was starting to annoy Lena. "Kara, so help me god if you're not ready in fifteen minutes... you've been in there for more than an hour!" Lena had been ready ages ago.

Kara poked her head out of the bathroom. "I'll be out in ten!"

Lena let out an exaggerated sigh and rolled her eyes, leaving the room. Kara had been insufferable today, bossing Lena around from the moment she woke up. After weeks of dating Kara, Lena had found out that the little devil was quite the bossy firecracker, as submissive as she was in bed, she was the complete opposite out of it. Lena wasn't sure how she felt about it yet. She was so used to being in charge, in and out of bed, and this new dynamic with Kara was reminding her of the seventeen year old girl who bent and kneeled to Mercy's every whim. And as much as she loved Kara and wanted to give her the world, she didn't want to follow orders, she was Lena Luthor and she was in charge. She had to be.