❧ 𝟣𝟨. 𝒮𝑒𝒸𝓇𝑒𝓉

She slowly crept out of the estate, trying her best to remain as silent as possible

She slowly crept out of the estate, trying her best to remain as silent as possible. Once she was out of the estate, she turned to look and noticed how Goto was waiting for her at the side. She placed a finger against her lips then and Goto nodded as the duo started to walk away from the estate.

Yet, not too far from where they were, a pair of fuchsia-coloured eyes were watching her every move. He pressed his lips into a fine thin line, shaking his head a little then, realising what was going on.

He couldn't get angry anymore, since she hasn't stated whether she would like to continue being in the frontline as a Hashira. But since then, it didn't matter anymore as he watched her from far.

Shaking his head a little as he proceeds to follow.

[name] and Goto eventually reached the harbour, and [name] felt like she has some sort of fate with missions that require her to take a boat. She pressed her lips into a fine thin line as she walked towards the boat that Goto had managed to rent for their journey.

Dropping her baggage onto the boat as she sat down, Goto proceeds to get on the boat and used the paddle to push them off. Yet, [name] could only turn her head as she narrowed her pale purple eyes slightly.

"Hm..." she mumbled to herself and then looked at Goto.

"Shouldn't there be a train that leads us to the place instead?" [name] asked, a little sick of the boat journey she has been taking most of her life and Goto shrugged his shoulders in response.

"The next train leaves in two days, Chiaki-sama," he spoke out and [name] let out a sigh as she tried to relax as much as possible. Goto noticed it and rummaged through his pocket, fishing out a small booklet.

"Here," he spoke out and [name] raised an eyebrow at what was given to her and she smiled softly, shaking her head as she proceeds to relax once more as she flipped the book opened with ease, reading what was on it.

"I didn't know you were into this, Goto," [name] spoke out as she looked up and Goto remained silent as he continued to row them towards their destination.

"You don't remember, Chiaki-sama? You were the one who recommended it to me," Goto pointed out and [name]'s pink-tinted lips parted as she realized that it was indeed the same book she had recommended it to him.

"Ah, sure brings back memories when you first escorted me back to the Headquarters," [name] spoke out and Goto nodded his head in response, remembering the younger demon slayer back then, and he indeed did have a hard time.

Back then, he was tasked to bring her back to the Headquarters for the upcoming Hashira meeting, and at the start, he didn't know that she was married.

"Hashira meeting?" [name] repeated and Goto nodded his head in response as they sat on the tram that was being pulled by a horse. She winced as Goto was trying his best to bandage her arm since it was bleeding and there were no doctors close by.