Chapter 21

This chapter inspired by the songs
Cruise by Florida-Georgia Line ft. Nelly
This is How We Roll by Florida-Georgia Line

The week dragged on agonizingly slow for the couples who were eagerly anticipating the camping weekend. Bixlow had arranged for all the equipment like the tents and sleeping bags. Everyone else was responsible for their own food, beverages and alcohol. Everyone would bring something for everyone to do like card games or ideas for games. When the weekend finally arrived, they all met up at Bixlow's townhouse to group up and head out, making sure they had everything.

They decided it would be easier to group up and carpool instead of heading to the beach with five cars. Jellal and Erza paired up with Gajeel and Levy in Gajeel's truck. Natsu and Lucy were riding with Gray and Juvia in Juvia's dark blue 2016 Jeep Wrangler. They had taken the doors and the Velcro off of the vehicle so it was all open. Bixlow and Lissana were taking Lissana's 2014 Mazda6 hatchback. All the gear and bags were loaded into Gajeel's truck and they all took off for the beach. They cranked the music, laughed and just enjoyed each other's company as they began their weekend adventure.

Once the couples arrived, they set up their campsite on the sand, arranging their tents in a circle around what would be their fire pit; a cooler in between each tent for food, sodas and alcohol. They had set up a volleyball net not too far away and there were two beach chairs set up on either side of each cooler. After everything was set up, everyone stripped their clothes and started heading to the water. They played the Chicken game, where the girls sat on the guys' shoulders and tried to push the other couples over into the water. The body surfed the waves and swam to their hearts' content.

Soon enough, they could all hear each other's stomachs growling so they decided to go back to their camp to make lunch. After an abundance of sandwiches had been made (in necessity of three heavy eaters *cough* Natsu *cough* Gray *cough* Gajeel), they all chowed down and enjoyed soaking in the sunlight.

"That was great!" Natsu said patting his belly.

"Yeah we're gonna have to make daily grocery store trips, if this keeps up." Lucy groaned. Juvia and Levy sweat dropped in agreement.

"Well, I'm all fired up! Let's play volleyball!" shouted Natsu.

"You're on Flame Brain!" Gray said.

"Both of you are going down!" Gajeel chimed in.

"Guess we don't have a choice, do we Jellal?" Bixlow said.

"Nope." He replied.

"We'll just sit back and enjoy the show, guys." Levy called to them.

"No way! You guys gotta play, too!" Natsu called back. The girls groaned but followed the boys to the net. The teams were split up into Natsu, Gray, Levy, Lissana and Jellal on one team and Gajeel, Lucy, Juvia, Erza and Bixlow on the other. Lucy was the first up to serve for their side. She tossed it up and smacked the ball sending it flying over to the other side. Jellal bumped the ball for their team, Natsu went under the ball to set it up and Gray went to spike it across the other side. Unfortunately, Gajeel was right at the front of the net and blocked it, sending the ball towards Lissana who went to try and stop it but got scared and flinched. The ball hit the sand before the others could get to it, scoring the first point for Lucy's team.

"YES! Great job, Gajeel!" Lucy screamed! Gajeel smirked and flicked his thumb across his nose as he glanced at the other team. Lucy served the ball again. Just as it was to cross the net, Natsu jumped up and spiked the ball back down into the sand, earning the ball to serve on their side and a point. Jellal had the ball to serve for their side. He launched it over the net. Gajeel spiked it back. Gray bumped the ball up and set Natsu up to spike the ball. He got blocked by Erza. Jellal ran up to save the ball and dove to avoid it hitting the sand. Natsu set Gray up this time to spike the ball back to the other time. Lucy dove for the ball this time on their side. Bixlow set the ball up for Erza who jumped up and spiked the ball to the ground on the other side, sending sand flying. The game went back and forth this way until it was time for the game point.