Chapter 16

Beatrice

“Tris? I heard that Wesly is courting you? Kelan pa?” JC raised his eyebrow. “Is this rumor true?”

“Maybe--” I crossed my arms as I sat down. Nasa cafeteria kaming dalawa. We didn't have a class because our professor was out.

“Anong maybe? My gosh Tris huh? Ano ba talaga?” he held his head and smirked.

“He gave me flowers, and I am not assuming, so I think maybe?” I rolled my eyes.

“He gave you flowers-- my gosh Tris! ano ba ang ibig sabihin nun?” he laughed. “She's courting you of course!”

“So? I didn't say he can court me, JC wala na sa vocabulary ko ang mga ganyang bagay,” I leaned on the chair. “I will never make myself as Wesly's second option.”

“Good to know na may kahihiyan ka naman pala-- akala ko kasi wala na eh,” someone said. Napalingon kami ni JC and we saw Prescila with her friends.

As usual, she got that kontrabida vibes. Pero, hindi naman ako ang typical na bida para apihin n'ya. My gosh! I can be a kontrabida if she will push me to be.

She looked at me from head to toe. Patatalo ba ako? Syempre tinitigan ko rin siya. Our uniform fits perfectly for her, masyado nga lang masikip sa kanya. Ano 'to? She wanted to emphasize her curve? Nakakahinga pa ba siya?

Adding that orange eyeshadow, and red-orange lipstick, at na over na yata siya ng gamit ng highlighter sa mukha n'ya.

“Oh my gosh! Ano kayo-- chismosang sosyal? Is this really your trip? Listening to the conversation of other people?” JC giggled. “Asan ang class dun ghurls?”

“Don't include yourself here-- I am talking to Beatrice, not to you, baklang bakulaw!” Prescila replied planting a hand in her hip.

“OMG! Tris she called me bakulaw-- pigilan mo ko, masasabunutan ko na 'to!” JC stood.

“Sis relax-- let me handle her,” I stood and walked closer towards Prescila and her friends. “What's your problem? Sige nga-- sabihin mo na lahat sa'kin para matapos na 'to, because I'm tired of all your dramas!”

“Beatrice-- I hate you from head to toe, I hate you for stealing Wesly from me,” her breath quickened.

I smiled bitterly, “you first stole him from me, not as a boyfriend, but as my friend, but don't you worry, I'd never steal him from you, can't you get it? We are both victims of his unsure decision.”

“But he's courting you now, ikaw na ang pinili n'ya, he left me like a trash, and you don't know how I feel, because of the two of you!”

“I'm not Wesly, so don't blame me for all the things happened in your relationship because it's between you and him lang,” I shook my head. “Believe me or not-- I didn't make anything for him to break up with you .”

“What's in you? Why can't he choose me over you?”

“What's in me? I learned to love myself more than I love anyone else, and I hope you'll do that too,” I took my bag and I stepped away.

JC followed me. As much as possible, ayoko na patulan si Prescila. Nakaka-low class naman kasi 'yun. Naka-ilang hakbang pa lang ako ng may nag-abot sa'kin ng isang pulang rosas.

“For me?” I took it with a frown in my face.

As I continued to walk, another person handed a pink rose to me, and afterwards Wesly showed up. He's holding a red rose.

“For you-- I hope you'll like it,” he smiled as he handed the red rose to me.

“Yieee...” I heard the voices of other students. I looked around at ang dami pala nilang nakapaligid sa'min.