Chapter 1- Engagement

Mira's pov

Mira has to get out of this hellhole. She is just 19 and her father has already planned her marriage . "Mira, are you ready ?" asked her mother. She looks down , she was wearing a forest green dress. The dress enhanced her green eyes. Her dark brown hair was tied up in a messy bun. In other circumstances She would have thought She looked beautiful but not today. Today she was going to meet her oh so called future husband whom She hated with all her heart.

 Today she was going to meet her oh so called future husband whom She hated with all her heart

Mira's dress👆🏻

Her mother entered her room, her mother's eyes light up when she looked at her.

"You look beautiful darling "her mother said.

"Mom , you Know how much I hate to marry don't you?" Mira asked.

"Yes baby girl , I know but you and I can't do anything. I tried to talk to your father but he didn't listen to me." Her mother replied sadly.

When did her father ever listen to her mother. Mira sighted " fine, let's go." Her mother led her downstairs. Mira sometimes thought the kingdoms Would be better without nosy ,mean rich people who thought they were gods. Down the party was in a swing, people formed groups and chatted. At the end of the room her father was talking to a middle aged couple and a young man whose back was turned to her . He had broad shoulders and curly blonde hair. One thing was for sure he was handsome as  other young girls were looking at him and gushing excitedly. When she and her mother reached her father the young man turned to them and gave them a smile. He had gold eyes and a perfect shaped lips but there was a dark glint in his eyes. Oh god she was so tired that she was hallucinating.

"Hello Mira, this is your husband Kevin" the statement made by her father snapped her out of her thoughts. What? He was my husband .

"Hi " Mira said .

"Hello Mira , you look beautiful " Kevin replied.

"thank you" She said through clenched teeth.

"Now it's time for the engagement ."her father said.

Wait . What? Her engagement.No, not now, Mira was panicking inside. "From this day onward Mira and Kevin will be engaged to each other" . She looked at her father her jaw hanging open, while her father glared at her indicating her to not to mess up .

She knew if She messed this up her father would use the fire whip to whip her . It would leave burning lines on her body. Her father always did it when She did something he didn't like. Her abuse was worse than her mother. But she never cried , she would not satisfy him. She knew how to fight but if she fought her father would either throw her into the dungeons or behead her .

Kevin held a diamond ring in his hand . She gave him her hand and he put the ring on her finger. Every one clapped.

"Let's leave these lovebirds alone shall we." Her father then suggested.

Perfect ! Mira thought , maybe she could convince Kevin into not marrying her. She smiled at her idea. Once the elders left , she and Kevin were left alone.

"Can I speak to you alone ?" Asked Mira

"Yes" he replied.

So they both went to a balcony in a corner. The night was cold. She felt a shiver go through her back. She turned to Kevin, there was something off about him." So ,can I ask you something ?"She started.

"Anything " he smiled.

"Um...I don't want to marry so can you convince my father to cancel the marriage " She asked .

He turned to her and asked " You don't want to marry me or you don't want to marry at all "

"I don't want to marry at all , so can you ask, please." She replied.

"So you think just because you don't want to marry , you want me to convince your father and move on. Nah! I don't think it's way to boring ."He drawled.

Shit! This person is scarier than She thought. "W-What do you mean ?" she stuttered.

"Darling, I first saw you in a ball year ago looking like a beautiful flower and all I want is you and by any means I will marry you. You better not pull a stupid stunt to get out of this because no matter what you do or where you run in the end you will be mine , you should be happy someone like me is marrying you a girl without powers." he all but growled. There was this madness in his eyes She couldn't describe and when he talked about her ,he sounded like an  obsessive jerk .

He turned and walked away . No one knew about her frost powers other than her mother , they all thought she was a weakling. That's why she didn't have any friends .That's it she thought , She had made up my mind . She was going to run away from this hellhole. She turned and walked back to her room to pack her possessions.