Chapter Two

(Reader-Chan's Point of View)

"You've been quiet all morning. Are you worried about the test?" My sensei's voice rung through my mind for a second before I answered his question.

"Of course not. We both know it's impossible for me to fail." I closed my eyes and continued to walk, as we were headed for the Hokage's office.

"Then what's your silence about?"

"Nothing in particular."

Kakashi and myself remained silent for the rest of our walk. I was ready to get this over with. We both knew I would pass these test with flying colors and I honestly didn't feel like wasting my time. It wasn't that I was confident. It was the fact that Kakashi trained me til I was nearly beat to death; academics wise and jutsu wise. I was ready to prove myself to Kakashi and go home. I simply wanted to move on in my life from training. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Good morning, (Your name)-San." I opened my eyes and looked up to see Naruto waving his hand in the air at me.

"Good morning Hokage." I bowed slightly, remembering my manners.

"Oi. Oi. There's no need to bow." Naruto seemed embarrassed by my actions but at least now I knew that I didn't have to be so formal. "I would like to introduce you to Shikamaru. He'll be monitoring you today during the exam."

"Nice to meet you. How would you like to me to address you?"

"You can just call me by my name. After all, hopefully you'll be shinobi like the rest of us soon. Well, let's get you started." Shikamaru sat me at a desk which was topped with the exam, a pencil, and an eraser. "You have an hour starting now. Good luck."

~Thirty minutes later~

"Shikamaru, I've completed the exam." I placed my pencil down and stood up upon finishing the exam.

"Already?" Shikamaru rubbed the back of head in what I could only guess what curiosity... curiosity as to how I could finish the exam thirty minutes early and be confident enough to say so. "I'll have to ask you to wait outside while I look over your answers."

"I understand." I made way for the door but never went past it. "The is one part of the exam which can't be written down as an answer, right?"

"Hmm?" Both Shikamaru and Naruto looked towards my direction and I turned my body to face them.

"The questions on the exam aren't something someone young can understand unless they're a genius, and this test is usually taken by youngsters. This test is supposed to be about academics, at least that's what you guys say; but, I can tell it's not. In reality it's a way to see if they cheat to pass and the only way to cheat is to use jutsu. Unfortunately for me I had to actually know the answers because Shikamaru didn't have an answer sheet on him and it was nowhere to be found. You must be quite a genius to remember all the answers, Shikamaru."

As I finished making my way out the door, I heard Shikamaru smirk. I couldn't help but be a little proud of myself. I bet he didn't see any of my words coming.

(Konohamaru's Point of View)

I wonder what Naruto Onii~Chan wants. It's unlike him to call me into his office so abruptly.

I made head way to Naruto's office when I came to a sudden pause upon seeing a young woman who I had never seen before sitting across from Naruto's office door. I hesitated for a minute in thought, wondering if I should ask why she was there; but then I saw someone I did know come and sit by her...Kakashi~sensei. I leaned against the wall, where Kakashi couldn't see me, since the building we were in was round.

"How did it go?" I heard Kakashi's usual stoic deep voice. From the sound of it, he knew this woman very well.

"Why don't you find out yourself? I'm sure the previous Hokage is allowed the walk into their old office." The woman's voice sounded unique. I had never heard another voice like it before. I was almost like honeydew. Soft and milky.

Kakashi scoffed and I didn't hear another word from him. When I turned to look their way Kakashi had walked into Naruto's office. I can't help but wonder what's going on. At any rate, I did need to get into Naruto's office.

Upon walking to the door I turned to look at the woman and we made eye contact. I thought it would be awkward but for some reason it wasn't. I felt as though I was looking into the eyes of someone I had always known but yet it also felt as though I should have feared her. It was odd needless to say. Once again I wanted to say something, but I found myself unable to. Instead I just walked into Naruto's office where I was supposed to be this entire time. 

"Ah. Konohamaru. It took you long enough."

"Sorry Naruto Onii~Chan."

"You know I'm too old for you to still be calling me Onii~Chan."

I rubbed the back of my head. At this point calling Naruto my big brother was an old habit. "Well it's unlike you to suddenly call me like this. Is something wrong?" I became serious in fear that something was happening to the Hidden Leaf Village. 

"Actually I have some rather interesting and exciting news. Shikamaru will tell you all about it."

"Why me? What a drag." Shikamaru sighed. "Well I might as well get it over with. We are dismembering you from your team."

"What?!"

"Calm down. It's not what you think." Shikamaru scratched the top of his head as he continued to explain himself. "Kakashi has been training a successor of his since he was in charge of Team 7 and now he wants Naruto to make her a Shinobi. She has already passed the written exams but now we must test her jutsu. We have decided to put you in charge of her. You two will battle each other first so Naruto can determine if she's even worth your time. If he decides she is, she will be your new and only team mate until you decide she is ready to became a full fledge shinobi. You will determine if she makes a good team mate, if she's trustworthy, and if her skills in battle is useful."

"Konohamaru." I turned to face Naruto. "I wanted to put you in charge of this because not only do I trust you but you don't work here in the office. I know you're the best choice for this." While I didn't completely understand why this was happening, I felt honored by Naruto's words. 

"I understand. So, when do we start?"

"Now." 

(Author's Note: Hey guys! I just wanted to let you guys know that if you find a mistake in my typing/spelling to please let me know. I try to check everything but this platform doesn't capitalize things for me, puts periods for me when I double space, and etc. I also type really fast so sometimes I just don't catch things. Please don't be shy to point these things out to me! Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I promise that you and Konohamaru will meet in the next one. Thanks for all the love and support! XOXO)