Chapter Seven

(Konohamaru's Point of View)

"It's a good thing it didn't take long to get back home. I'm kind of in need of a nap." I watched as (Your name) stretched her arms in the air.

"The two boys we met told me that you had stayed up late to care for me."

(Your name) nervously laughed. "Yeah... I guess you can say that."

"Konohamaru Onii-Chan!" I heard Boruto's voice from a distance and saw him come flying at me with a kick but (Your name) caught him in the air and held him by the arms and legs. "Hey! Who are you and what are you do..." Boruto looked back at me and saw the bandages through my cut outfit. "Onii-Chan..."

(Your name) let him down when she saw that he had noticed my wound.

"I'm sorry about that but Konohamaru is hurt and I didn't want you to accidentally hurt him playing around."

Boruto looked up at (Your name). "I'm sorry but I don't know you. Are you Konohamaru Onii-Chan's girlfriend or something?"

Me and (Your name) blushed as Boruto gave an evil smile.

"My name is (Your name). Sorry for the poor introduction. I..."

"Boruto." I interrupted (Your name) not to be rude but to explain the situation and make sure we were on the same page about the information surrounding her. "Is the rest of Team 7 near by?"

"We are here Konohamaru-Sensei!" Sarada and Mitsuki ran up to us.

"Boruto you idiot why did you run off like that?!"

"Sarada, now is not the time. I have something to tell you guys." They all stopped their talking and looked up at me. "This is (Your name). From now on she will be a part of our team. She was born outside the walls of Hidden Leaf close by and has come here to the village in hopes of being a shinobi. Hokage has asked me to be her mentor and see if she's worthy of being a shinobi. Her skills are that of myself if not better so she won't be a part of the team for long before I approve for her to officially be recognized as a shinobi."

"Ah. So the old man put you up to this. Hmm."

"Have some more respect for your father Boruto. And your father didn't put me up to anything. He trusted me and I agreed to this."

I glared at Boruto as he words aggravated me. My glare came to end when (Your name) caught a kunai in the air and spoke aloud, "How long have you two been watching?" Suddenly Naruto and Kakashi appeared beside her and I watched as (Your name) handed Kakashi the kunai. "Next time you can just come say hi, you know?"

"You two were late. We were waiting for your return." Kakashi sounded like his usual stoic self.

"But we can see why. I take it since you two are back though, you completed the mission."

"We did." I joined in on the conversation, letting Team 7 watch from behind.

"Very good. " Naruto faced me. "Konohamaru you should go see Sakura for a healing session."

"Hokage." (Your name) bowed to Naruto. "Please allow me to give Konohamaru the healing sessions he needs."

"So you know medical ninjutsu too?"

"Yes."

Naruto placed a hand on (Your name) shoulder and she straightened up. "Can you do that and turn in a report by the end of today?"

"Yes!"

"Very well. All I need is the report ad you two can have the day off. Team 7 already has a mission they can do on their own."

"I wouldn't call finding and  catching a woman's missing cat a mission."

"Boruto. I can always just send you home." Naruto sternly spoke to his son. "Well I got to get going. I'll see you guys later."

"Tch. If you even come home tonight." I could tell Naruto wasn't in the mood for Boruto's nonsense.

"Tell Hinata I'll be home tonight." Naruto left Boruto shocked as he made his way back to his office.

"We should be in our way too Boruto." Sarada pulled Boruto away and waved us goodbye as she did so. "We'll be seeing you guys later too."

I nodded and (Your name) waved goodbye. "Boruto sure is a troublesome child, huh?" (Your name) laughed at her own words.

"(Your name)." Kakashi called for (Your name), gaining her full attention. The atmosphere between the two felt tense. After a minute of nothing more then intense stares, Kakashi sighed. "You two should get cleaned up and eat something. I'm sure you're both hungry and in need of the day off."

I heard the sly smile form on (Your name)'s lip. She didn't say anything and neither did Kakashi. Instead Kakashi took his leave and (Your name) bowed behind him. I could tell something major just silently happened between the two.

(Your name) sighed and then turned to face me. "You need to have a healing session but I imagine that you want to go home and get cleaned up first. If it sounds alright with you, we can part ways to get cleaned up and then I can visit you for your healing session later."

I nodded. "That sounds fair to me."

"Alright. I'll take a while as I got to write our report and turn it in but hopefully I can still make it over to your place in decent timing." (Your name) started to run off. "See you later, Konohamaru."

I waved her off. "See you later." I spoke to myself as she continued to run in the direction of her house.

~Time Skip: At Naruto's office.~
(Reader~Chan's Point of View)

"Nice to see you again (Your name). What brings you in so quickly?"

"The mission's report." I handed Naruto the report he had asked for only a mere hour ago.

"That didn't take you long. Anyway, although most reports aren't turned into me directly I will ask that you do so from now on as you're a special case."

"I understand." I was about to leave when I realized something very important.

"Hm? Is something wrong?"

"Actually..." I felt hesitant to ask my question, but I really didn't have a choice. I shallowed my pride and asked, "Can you tell me where Konohamaru lives? I was supposed to met him at his house for a healing session but forgot to ask for his address." I placed my hand on head in frustration and embarrassment.

Naruto laughed for a spilt second. He took a piece of paper and wrote down Konohamaru's address, handing it to me once he was done. "I'm going to have to tell Konohamaru to have some more manners to a lady."

Hearing Naruto's words made me feel more embarrassed then I already was. "Thank you Hokage."

"You can just call me Naruto. After all, we are the same age and had the same sensei. Kakashi told me he use to tell you stories about us all the time so I'm sure you feel like you have known me forever."

I was surprised by what Naruto was saying. "Well, you're not wrong. Thank you again, Naruto."

I headed out but stopped upon hearing Naruto's next sentence. "Congratulations of receiving your headband b the way (Your name)."

I smiled. "Naruto. I'm proud to wear this to represent not only you, Kakashi, and the Hidden Leaf village, but also Konohamaru. I won't let you down."