Chapter 19 - Reality.

The next day, you seen that Roc wasn’t as happy go lucky like he’d been for the past month or so. You figured that he was still upset about having to leave Kiloni, but you didn’t care. He was all yours like he’s been for the past 12 years, and you wanted it to stay that way.

You drove over to Stacy’s to share the happy news. You were so excited that you didn’t even care that you didn’t have Roc back all the way. All you wanted to do was celebrate with your girl. You pulled into her driveway, and stormed into her house. You seen her in the kitchen with her two twins, eating cereal.

“I got Roc back, Stacy!” You cheered.

“What?” She said looking at you, and putting on a small grin.

“Roc! I got my baby back!”

“Hold on girl let me pour them some orange juice.” Stacy said referring to her two daughters. “Y’all better drink all of this do you hear me?”

“Yes mommy!”

“Alright girl you gotta tell me all of the details!” Stacy smiled as she walked into the living room, and sat on the couch.

“Roc had came home yesterday night after spending time with Kiloni.” You said taking a deep breath. “He said that he was going to move in with her, but he was going to call that off and their whole relationship off if I told him that I didn’t want him to go with her so that he could stay with the baby. I told him to break up with her, and he did. So now he’s with me and Chresanto now!”

“Wow.” Stacy said as she shook her head. “You didn’t earn him back at all.”

“What do you mean, Stacy?” You said in confusion. “He broke up with her!”

“And!? He still had feelings for her, but he only left her because you told him to!”

“Duh!” You said giving her a nasty look. “That’s my point!”

“He may be living with you and the baby, but he still had feelings for her! He still loves her-”

“He doesn’t love her Stacy!” You shouted in an angry outburst. “Don’t say that.”

“Well he had deep feelings for her. He’s been dating her for almost 5 months, and he was thinking about moving in with her. He’s physically with you, but emotionally he’s still with her! You didn’t earn back Roc because he wanted to be with you. You earned him back because you were selfish!”

“And how am I selfish, Stacy? Hm? Because I want my fiancé back? Because I want the boy that I spent damn near my whole childhood life back?” You snapped.

“No. Because you don’t want him to be happy!” Stacy shouted. “You would rather him be miserable living with you knowing that he doesn’t have feelings for you than for him to be happy with a woman that he plans to build a future with! You’re selfish!”

“I don’t want to lose him!” You yelled violently as you looked at Stacy, sat back down, and wiped the tears that flashed onto your cheeks. You shook your head and looked to the side as you continued to wipe your eyes. Stacy looked at the door of the kitchen, and seen her children peeking outside of the kitchen door.

“Go back inside of the kitchen, girls.” Stacy said to them as she watched them scurry off. “I’ll be back in there in a second.”

Stacy sat on the couch next to you, and gave you a long hug as you wailed in her arms. She felt for you, but as a friend, she had to set everything straight. And as a friend, she had to be honest with you.

“As harsh as this sounds, Roc’s memory is gone.” She said holding you close. “But if you really loved Roc, you would want him to be happy. He’s moved on. And as long as he raises Chresanto Jr. right, then that should be enough for you.”