Chapter 6: Tuesday

POV: Darryl
My annoying alarm goes off... I open my eyes extremely tired. I did not get enough sleep for sure... I just couldn't fall asleep. I guess that's the consequences for taking a nap...

It's Tuesday. Only the 2nd day in the week and I'm already exhausted.

I walk through the same woods on the same dirt road towards the school. The morning was just like the rest of them. Wake up. Walk downstairs. Get some coffee. Get some toast. Eat and drink up. Brush my teeth then play some Minecraft before leaving for school.
Don't get me wrong! I like my routines. They make me able to get though the day. It's just a bit boring when you do the same everyday.
I take the left turn out on the bigger road leading to school. I'm excited to see Zak at school. I suppose we're friends now that he gave me his number. I haven't texted or called him yet, so it might just be a fake number to try to troll me. I sigh.

"HEYY BAAD!!" I turn around to see Clay with one of his friends. I think his name is Nick? Not sure. But they're running towards me.
"What's up dude! You didn't answer the phone last night?"
He dashes me on the shoulder.
"What? You called?"
"Yeah dingus, I did."
"Oh uhm... I'm sorry. I didn't see." I look into the ground.
"No worries." Clay smiles at me. Then Nick opens his mouth. "I didn't know you where into hanging out with complete strangers?"
I stare at Nick. What?
"Wait what?" I say confused.
"What? Wasn't it you who went home with Zakary?"
I look at him confused.
"Yeah..? we went home to me. He needed my tutoring."
Nick raises an eyebrow.
"Yeah, Darryl tutor dumb kids who's in desperate need of help." Clay explains.
"Ohh then it makes sense." Nick laughs it off.
I laugh along. Or I try to.

We make it to school. It's already crowded with students walking in all different directions.
I squeeze past a group of students.
"See you at lunch right?" I hear Clay ask me.
"Yeah yeah sure" I say looking around.
Where is Zak? I don't know why that's concerning me right now. But it is.
I walk towards my locker hoping he's there. He's not...
I unlock it and gather some notes I have, scattered around my locker. I need to organize this hot mess...
I toss my papers and notes into my bag and throw it over my shoulder. I turn around. Then I see him. Zak.
He's walking besides Calvin. The guy from yesterday.
Zak glances at me, but continues walking besides Calvin right past me completely ignoring my existence.
...I guess I misunderstood the whole "hanging out at my home" thingy. Maybe he literally just wanted to find ways to mock me by going home to me... Finding out what I like n' stuff... oh well. What did I really expect? Him and I being friends now? You don't just form a friendship with someone that fast... I'm so dump! So so dump! Dump for actually feeling a bit hurt over the fact, I thought we were some kind of friends! Dump!

I head to class feeling a bit dizzy. My brain is all foggy. We have an online test. It's taking forever.

I reach into my back getting some notes I've written down. That's when I hear my phone buzz. No one ever texts or calls me, and definitely not in the middle of school. I grab my phone and flip it around so I can read what's up. It's a message. I tab on the message and it opens messages. All I get to read is Zak then something castes a shadow over me and I look up. It's out teacher.
"And what do you think you're doing?" He stares straight into my eyes and I sink a bit of spit.
I hear someone giggle from the front of the class.
"I'm..... I'm just finding my notes?" I try.
"I saw that phone." The teacher says. He's like a snake. His venomous glare gives me chills. The uncomfortable kind. A silence wave over the class and everyone is awaiting my answer.
Everyone knows the rules about phones in classes. Especially in the middle of a darn test.
I don't answer him.
"Hand me the phone." He says with a raspy voice.
I give it to him and he snatches it and puts it away.
"You can get it after school at the principals office." Then he walks past me and the students continues on their tests.
I can't believe I let Zak distract me... at least he didn't send me up to the principal. Grateful for that.