Chapter 14: You need me

POV: Zak
The week passed by pretty quick. It felt like just two days since it was last weekend.
Me and Darryl hung out over discord almost 5+ hours each day. We finished our house pretty quick. Even though Darryl always found new things he just needed to add to our base.
We even got to work on a potato farm he insisted on building.

Conversations between me and him stayed normal and casual. We chatted mostly about school, Minecraft and YouTube. I even got to hear a bit more of his past.
Turns out his father left him when he was just 4. Him, his sister and mom live alone now.

We talked quite a lot about how irritated he is about how his mother reacts. How she always goes out on "business" trips.
In many ways I can relate to his frustrations and life.

I tried to ask him if he has other siblings but he completely zoned out. So note to myself: never ask him about that again...

I stretch my legs and flitter my eyes. The sun is beaming in from my only window. The sharp light irritates my eyes.
I pull the duvet over my head to cover for the sun.

It's Saturday. No school. Fuck yeah. I can lay in bed the whole fucking day, and no one can make me get up.

"ZAK!" My mom screams.
Other than her.

I groan.
"ZAK CARDER!" She burst into my room.
"You're not even dressed yet?!" She screeches.
I groan again.
Fucking hell.
"Get up and get dressed. We're leaving in 20." She slams the door shut.

FUCKING HELL. I forgot. I need to visit my damn great-grandma. That woman is more dead than alive. She doesn't even acknowledge, or even know that we exist. What's the reason to visit her again?
Ask my fucking mom.

I let out another louder groan just to tell the whole compartment I'm displeased.

My older sister enters my room. I don't even have to see her to know it's her.
She starts to open cabinets, she open drawers and rustle around with stuff on my desk.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I pull down the duvet from my face.

"I swear to god Zak. Where's my packet of condoms." She keeps on searching.
"I know you yoinked them."
I roll my eyes.
"I don't have them, now get outta here." I sit up cross legged.
"Plus I never fucking steal your condoms? Like what the fuck?"

She ignores me.
"Fine." She turns around leaving the room. And of course, she doesn't close the door behind her.

"Samira Carder. I do not want your dirty shoes all around my house!"

Now the hell hole has started.

"Sorry mom." She says. "Geeez." She mutters.
I hear a door shut and the sound of someone walking down the stairs of the compartment.
Out of my window I spot her walking down the street with her little shoulder bag... probably on the way to some stupid mall. Who even goes shopping as the first thing in the morning? No one.

I get out of bed and put on the same hoodie as always.
I brush my teeth and walk into the kitchen. I grab an apple and take a big bite out of it. It crunches between my teeth.

"What are you wearing?" My mom says with her high pitched voice.
"My hoodie?" I reply. She pinches her brows together. Her venomous look bites into my skin.

"You can't wear that." She says surprisingly not mad.
"Mom." I say giving her a look.

"Na na na- you're not gonna visit ol gran gran with such dirty clothes." She tilts her head looking down at me.
Yeah. She's towering way above me. I got my height from my dad. Thanks dad.