Chapter Eight

"Aunt Marie!" Josh shouted as he ran to hug his aunt who had come from the UK, London specifically speaking.

"How's my little boy--- oh look at you." she stopped. "You're not a little boy anymore." she tickled him.

"Hahahaha!" he laughed.

"Where's Renae and Kaitlyn?"

"Kaitlyn is in school for extra lessons and Renae has gone over to her friend's place." Josh answered.

"Where's your dad?" She asked. "Oh wait, let me guess, he's at work."

"Yes"

"Did you bring anything for me aunt Marie?" He spoke excitedly.

"Yes I did but you're going to have to wait till Renae and Kaitlyn get back." she sat on a sofa.

"Awhhh!" He said disappointed.

"Oh, you can wait Josh, can't you? Don't worry they'll be back in no time, in the mean time go change out of your gym clothes." Helen said to Josh.

"Okay mum." He entered into his room and changed out of his gym clothes as fast as he could. He rushed out of his room. "Are they back?"

"Josh, it's only been two minutes." his mom chuckled.

"Oh yeah, right." He said. "Can I put on the TV mum?"

"Have you done your homework?" His mom asked.

"No."

"Go do it, then you can watch TV. Okay?"

"Yes mum." he leaves the sitting room.

              ~               ~               ~

"Aunt Marie. You're here." Renae greeted calmly and hugged her aunt.

"Renae, you've grown a lot." her aunt said. "How are you doing especially in your new school?"

"I'm fine." she responded. "I'd better change my clothes."

"Alright then."

Kaitlyn had come back about thirty minutes before Renae arrived and was already seated at the reading table in the second study doing her lesson assignments. The second study was small and had two small shelves, a cupboard a small fridge and a table that could host four people, unlike their main study which was bigger, had more shelves and books. It also had a small fridge. The table and chairs were more office size, what one might find in a meeting room which could host a dozen people. There was also a desk in the study with an inbuilt cupboard. The second study had no door only a corridor and a doorway so it was always open.

"Kaitlyn how'd your lesson go?" Renae asked as she walked past the study.

"It was okay." she answered. "Umm, I might need your help with maths since you're good at it." she said.

"Okay, let me change into something else first ,okay?"

"Okay."

Renae walked past three other rooms till she got to her own room. She entered the room, brought out a baby pink blouse and a pair of jeans and changed into them.

"I'm back, what do you need me for?" Renae said as she entered the study.

Kaitlyn lifted her head from her book to look at Renae. "Thanks Renae."

"No problem." she said drawing out the chair opposite Kaitlyn and sitting down. She picked up the pen and looked towards Kaitlyn inquisitively waiting for her question.
              ~               ~               ~

Aunt Marie, Renae, Mrs Stephen, Kaitlyn and Josh all sat in the living room with the three siblings watching a program on the television while the adults talked.

"So Renae has been coping well?" Aunt Marie asked. "I believe you have been observing her and that she she hasn't changed or drifted away." she added.

"No, no, no!" She exclaimed. "She has been doing quite well and has made friends very quickly. She's a very active, friendly and social girl and I don't see her with bad friends."

"That's good, a lot of teenagers take moving elsewhere, changing schools or losing a loved one very hard these days, glad to see she's doing okay." aunt Marie said. "And I hope Kaitlyn and Josh are doing fine as well."

"Yes." Mrs Stephen responded.

"Kaitlyn, please pass me the remote." Renae said.

She passed it to her. "What do you want to watch?" Kaitlyn asked.

"They are about to start Love O2O." Renae answered.

"The one where Yang Yang acted?" She asked further.

"Yes."

"Renae I want to watch Umbrella Academy." Josh said

"Aren't you too young to watch that?" Kaitlyn asked.

"No I'm not, almost every one I know has watched it, and I'm talking about my mates." Josh retorted.

"Kaitlyn and I both want to watch Love O2O. Sorry but majority carries the vote. This is the first episode and I can't miss it."

"Fine, I guess I'll have to to watch it too." Josh finally gave in.

The theme song started playing and they all sit watching. "What're you guys watching?" Mrs Stephen asked.

"We're watching Love O2O" Kaitlyn answered.

"What's that?" Aunt Marie asked.

"It's a Chinese television series, but it's dubbed in English. Renae's watched most of it before but not from the first episode. She was waiting for it to be aired again." Mrs Stephen answered with a slight expatiation.

"I think I might have heard of an American film with a similar title." Aunt Marie said.