Week 2 Bonus Arc

This happened prior to the events of the sweet week.

It was a normal Saturday. Senpai left Ayano from the hospital as Ayano refused to leave Osano.

It became unhealthy even for the girl. Ayano haven't even went to sleep. She just watches Osano lifelessly and wouldn't take her eyes off the unconscious body. She wouldn't eat unless Senpai gave her the meals.

'She really loved him, huh?'

In his stress, he haven't realized he came across a bakery.

'Huh, perfect opportunity. Ayano must be hungry even if she doesn't look like it.'

The Bakery sign stated that "Odayaka Bakery" is the name of the store. He entered the place and just stared at the goods in the glass rack for a while.

He didn't even notice the boy standing in front of him across the counter trying to snap him out of his daze.

"Sir?"

Only then did Taro raised his eyes to the person talking to him. "You seemed to be contemplating on what to choose. Care to share what you were trying to look for?"

Taro looked at the boy talking to him. Soft green eyes, brown hair, while also adorning a mint green chief on his head. He looks soft, not to mention that his voice is also soft and seemingly understanding.

"O-oh... Sorry. I'm actually going to buy for someone." Taro finally spoke back.

"Huh. What is he like?" The boy seemed to wait for the answer and looks quite well a listener.

"She's a friend. A girl."

"A girlfriend?" The baker smiled.

"No, that's actually the problem." With this, the baker frowned.

"Tell me about it." He leaned forward, ready to hear more about his stress.

"Wha- are you sure? Don't you like, have other customers to attend to?" Senpai showed confusion in this person's kindness. Why would he want to know?

"Well, I do. But I would like to at least help you on the matter. And also as a schoolmate of yours. I see you at school at times."

"Oh." Senpai nodded.

"Oh, sorry. It seems rude to also just let you talk to a stranger, right? I'm Amao Odayaka. My mother and I runs this bakery."

"Taro Yamada. From the 3rd year second class."

"Ah, a senpai, I see. Care to tell me about this friend of yours?"

"About that. She likes my best friend, Osano, a lot, for sure. But she rejected him? So my best friend showed suicidal intentions. And that leaves her restless."

"Oh wow. That seems a lot. When did this happen?"

"Actually happened just Yesterday, after school. I just suddenly found out Osano has been sent to hospital. I haven't expect that he has capability to do that. He doesn't seem as the type." Senpai dwelled on his own words. "Guess I don't know much about him."

"Yesterday? Oh my, so much must have happened on school while I'm gone. So what about the girl then?" Amao commented.

"Oh, she... Cried a lot, I guess. But after a while, she can't anymore? She just... stares. She refuses to sleep, eat, or even take her eyes away from Osano. I'm already devastated that much for Osano, but her behavior? It adds a lot."

Amao looked at Taro sympathetically. Wordlessly, he pushed a box of cupcakes toward the senpai.

Taro looked at the box, then back to Amao. Amao smiled softly. Only then did he spoke, "You don't need to pay. Take these for free, and hopefully it would make you and your friend a bit better."

Senpai looked at Amao in shock. "You really wouldn't need to, I'll pay for this."

"It's okay. Please, take it." Amao placed the box of cupcakes on Senpai's hands.

"Have a nice day, senpai."

-----

When Ayano refused the cupcakes, Senpai can't help but frowned more. So, he ate one for himself.

It actually tastes good!

He owed the boy a lot.

Sighing, he took a cupcake again and approached Ayano.

Without a word, he folded the wrapper and pried Ayano's mouth open just to feed her.

Ayano's emotionless state weavered and she started crying. She was able to feel again for a while with her continuous nibble on the cupcake.

She now accepted the cupcakes and cried all the time eating them.

A/N: So, while you guys will wait for the third week, I got this on my head and I was supposed to release this as a revelation in the end of the series in order for you to understand Senpai, but it would also fit quite well in the story line if I put it right here, right?

Character development, everyone.