Chapter 4: The Dream World

"My child, wake up."

"Wake up, Jojo..."

"Huh, what, what's going on?"

In the realm of darkness, a small star glinted in a very distant corner. The voice is heard again.

"My child, wake up, it is alright now, everything will be fine..."

"Who, who are you?" stuttered Jojo, flapping her wings in panic.

"Where, w-where am I?"

Then, right before her eyes, a striking crimson fabric-like magic flew before her eyes, with its dashing tail sparkling before her. The loud calls of a phoenix echoed through this borderless space of nothingness. Her eyes as great as gold, her feathers as tranquil as leaves, and her power, as vibrant as the Sun; Mama Phoenix had come to visit one of her children.

"Tell me, child, what's happened?" Mama softly asked, as she flew to her nest, which emerged out of nowhere.

In an instant, Light spread through the vast space, which became known as the Dream World. Jojo could not believe her eyes, she had only heard of this place in her mother's stories when she was just a young child. It seemed too good to be true. These majestic grounds were decorated with garnet Roman pillars, flowers made of gems like rubies and sapphires, lush green forests, and marble that ran through every possible path. Including the sounds of the waterfalls, it was like Paradise.

Jojo cradled in Mama Phoenix's arms, as she asked again.

"I lost my friend, Mama. I have been replaced..." Jojo began sobbing.

"Why you pathetic creature, he is not good for you!"

A bird flew by, as she said that in her melodious voice. A hornbill, who came from nowhere, landed on Mama's shoulder.

"But, I didn't know, I was so easily replaced..."

"You said it yourself! You know it already..."

"Now, now girls, enough!" Mama's voice sprang in the air.

When Mama's right-wing lifted, she curled her hands gracefully, and there emerged a peacock's feather. Jojo's face switched from being solemn to shocked.

"How did you get that?" Jojo exclaimed bewilderingly.

"He gave this to you when he pledged allegiance to you, and so you gave him another feather too," explained Mama.

"But... I really like that feather, and he is my best friend..."

"To prove your strength, my child, this peacock's feather shall be gone, right, Mel?"

"Yes of course," explained the hornbill.

"So now, you are to get rid of it, because he has held no more meaning, is that clear?" Mama announced.

But, Jojo could not believe it, it was all she had left of Hansen..., she wanted to say no, although she knew Mama Phoenix was right.

"It is alright, child," Mama reassured, and she flapped a wing, emerging a mirror.