Chapter 3: Dread

Nothing could make her happy, not even her favourite berries. Neither a beautiful sunrise nor the romantic starlights would get her out of her nest. On some days, Yushin and Raja would pay Jojo visits but she would not budge a single bit. This dark moment blanketed her and her heart was as heavy as all the world burdens combine. For days, she starved, because the only thing filling in for her are the hopes of getting to Paul's good and comfortable side again.

No matter how broken her soul was, Jojo still had to live as if nothing bad had happened. However, every night, Paul's loud crowing would echo into the depths of her unstable mind, and just like lost love, she lost sleep. This grew to become more prevalent, that Jojo's distant friends were beginning to question her health.

Days turned into weeks, then into months, Jojo started to lose the feathers on her wings. For someone very generous and helpful, Jojo could not even help herself get back to the top again. Well, she thought, these broken feathers weren't worth losing, but it just could not be helped. So, they fell like dead leaves into the murky ground of the jungle.

On the other hand, beyond the brook, Paul and Sinhala were having a great time sharing fruits and laughter. It could look like a selfish sentiment, but it was inevitable because all Paul had sought in Jojo was found in the beautiful soul of Sinhala. Knowing she could do nothing, Jojo laid dreadfully in her nest, crying her sorrows away.