Chapter 15

XV

TENSION

Kylie shows us the concert hall first. It's a relatively large room that can accommodate up to 2000 people. Here no bleachers, everyone is in the pit. The roadies are already busy setting up the equipment on the stage.

"It would be in our interest not to hang around too much when they open the doors to get the best place!" Maxine told us.

"You can watch the show from backstage if you want." Kylie suggests.

"Thank you, but nothing beats a real concert immersed in the atmosphere of the pit." Carole told her.

"True!"

She then leads us to the merchandising stand.

"Roxane and I hold it most of the time." She says.

"Wow! Fan paradise!" Carole say, rushing towards the many band tees.

"See! When we told you that you were ridiculous with your poster stolen from an electric pole earlier." Maxine told him.

"You can take one if you want". Kylie told him.

It didn't take less for her to utter a cry of joy and choose one that she hastens to put on, offering her body in the eyes of everyone. With her, modesty is forgotten.

We then arrive in a room resembling a refectory, where a caterer is busy preparing food for a regiment. Kylie tells us that if we want we can eat here with them at noon.

"It's super sweet, but we wouldn't want to abuse!" Ellie told her.

"Yes it's true, it's all so... Touching! But it's too much! We did nothing to deserve all this!" Adds Maxine.

"Obviously you're nice girls." Kylie tells us. "You don't look like the hysterical fans I usually meet, and damn it feels good to see normal people on the road!"

We smile. She actually seems to feel good in our presence. And I must say that she knows how to makes us feel comfortable too. We then move towards the lodges. On one of them is a piece of paper with "Elia" written on it. It's great to have your own lodge! A little further, there's the one of Palaye Royale. We see Roxane there, preparing everything necessary for hairdressing and makeup in front of the huge mirrors.

"Come on, I'll introduce you to Roxane."

I look at Maxine who swallows back her saliva.

"Hey Rox! This is the girls of Désobéissance!"

It's weird that she introduces us like that, by the name of our band. She then launches into a nominative presentation of each of us, and succeeds without any intervention.

"Nice to meet you! You blew us away at the auditions in Paris!" Roxane told us after having hugged us one by one in her arms, as Kylie had done a little earlier.

"Thanks, that's nice!" Ellie answers him.

"Okay, I'm gonna start preparing the merch stand!" Kylie tells us.

"Can I come help you?" Carole asks her.

"Of course! Follow me!"

"Don't take the opportunity to take things on the sidelines." Maxine warns her, laughing.

Carole sticks her tongue out at her.

"I'll let you go about your business girls. See you later!"