Letters.

The night of
A monsters 16 birthday they are able to communicate with their soulmate. All you have to do is write them a letter and throw it out the window. Though there is a catch, you cannot tell your soulmate who you are.

×Third person×

"Welp that sucks,my dude."
Sans chuckled at his friend Grillby, as he continued to complain down the school hallway about how is soulmate isn't sending him letters back.
"They must not be 16 yet!"

Grillby said trying to assure himself. Sans and Grillby continued down the hallway to their next class. "Dude at least you can write to your soulmate, I've gotta wait until after the shool year is done and over." Sans sighed over this.
He really wanted to write
to his soulmate. His soulmate wrote all this amazing stuff to him and he couldnt write back. Grillby nodded at this statement. "This is true."
The conversation ended
as they walked into class. They both sat in their normal seats next to eachother, but the teacher wasnt there. So everyone was just talking to eachother.
"Hey, Grillbz. What did you even say to your soulmate?"
"Sans im not telling you! You know what happened to Chris."
"Okay, okay but maybe it was just a coincidence."
Yeah Sans knew what
happened to Chris hell everyone knew what happened to Chris. He had told someone about what he wrote in his letter. He then began having dreams about him dying and someone saying he broke the rules.
Then he got into a car crash killing him and his dad the person he told. His mom knew what happened, so then we all heard and no one talked  about what they wrote again.
He found it really weird though.
"How are you even supposed to find your soulmate if you cant tell them who you are? But then again monsters did it all the time." Sans thought to himself as the teacher walked in starting class.
(Time Skip.)
Sans birthday was in two days!
He was ecstatic to finally write to his soulmate. But what to write he didnt know. He wanted to be as amazing and beautiful as the letters his soulmate wrote to him.
He sighed and continued
to Grillbys house to hang out. They had finished the school year a week ago and were glad of it.
Sans knocked on the door Grillbys dad answered.  "Hello Sans, Grillbert is up stairs."
Sans nodded "Thanks Mr. Flame." He headed up to Grillbys room. He knockes on the door to hear Grillby muffed voice saying.
"come in." 
Sans walked in and closed the door behind him. "Hey pal." He then noticed Grillby writhing something. "Writing to your soulmate huh."
Grill by turned around
"Y-yeah just ugh! I want to meet them so bad! And i dont know how they are going to be. I just hope that they are like you! Sans you make everything a lot easier for me your my best friend and i love you for that. Just... Just ugh!"
Grillby got up from his desk
and ploped down on his bed. Sans smiled and laid down next to him.
"Thanks Grillbz, i love ya too pal. But you just have to hope for the best with your soulmate." Sans said trying to lighten his friends mood.
Grillby sighed."No Sans, i know this is going to sound silly but i write my letters and..... and i think of you." Grillbys voice got quiter, but Sans didnt dare interrupt.
"Sans i think of
you everytime fucking time. And im just.. i dont know anymore. I just cant gett the thought of you and me out of my head."
Sans and Grillby sat there
for a moment in silence neither knowing what to say. Sans didnt know what to say. He didn't know who is soulmate was and neither did Grillby... wait.
Sans sat up. And looked at Grillby who had his face coverd with his hands. Sans slowly moved hos hands away from his face.
"Hey, we dont know who are soulmates are. We could be soulmates." Sans said gently
also kind of hoping it was true as well.
Grillby looked thoughtful. He got up from the bed and went to the desk. He picked up his letter, folded it and threw it out the window.
Suddenly a peice of paper
appeared in front of Sans. The two monsters looked at each other. It was the same paer Grillby just threw out the window. Sans voice was shaky as hell.
"H-hey soulmate."
Suddenly Grillby envolped
Sans in bear hug holding on tight Sans hugging back just as fiercely.
" Found you."
Grillby quitly whisperd to him.

Welp that was fun my dudes. Come next time or not its your choice.🌈