Chapter 4

Eve P.O.V

I sat in the room on the floor in the puddle of my own tears of despair, surrounded by my own destruction. Draws of bedside tables splayed out, clothes that were in the walk-in wardrobe dragged out and flung in all directions. I contemplated throwing the small satin blue corner chair and smash the window. But the drop from the window is at least 10 foot from the ground, I would break my legs on the way down.

When Sebastian said I was their 'royal pet' I just saw red. I began screaming profanities at them, throwing lamps, shoes and pillows. Until they both backed out of the bedroom with hands in the air in peace. Locking the door behind them so I stayed trapped in the bedroom. I manage to find some comfortable grey track suit pants and a white champion hoody. Basically, ripping the small red silk night gown in pieces.

I don't know how long I sat there, sniffling and letting my tears roll down my cheeks, staring at the floor. My dad would be searching for me by now, calling friends and neighbours. My heart squeezed painfully at the thought of his fearful eyes and desperately trying to find me. I wish I could some how send a messaged to him, letting him know what kind of people kidnapped me.

People.... Can I even call them that?

Vampires. The stories of the blood thirsty undead, prying on innocents and haunting stories describing them as cold monsters. I shiver, bringing the hoody over my head. How are they even real? This must be a nightmare. Maybe I'm still sleeping in my own bed at home, dad downstairs cooking pancakes and brewing a hot coffee.

I glance over to the leather pink diamond collar on the floor that I managed to claw off my throat, 'royal pet' Sebastian's voice echoing in my mind. What does he mean by that? Like I'm a pet dog?

A knock at the door breaks my train of thought ''Miss can I come in?'' a small voice spoke behind the heavy mahogany door.

I glared at it in silent response.

''I have food...'' she says quietly. The black iron door handle twisting open, revealing a girl that looked around my age. She didn't have the same inhuman beauty that seem to radiate off the three men that kidnapped me. But she had a kind of pure innocence about her, she had soft pale skin, mousy brown hair messily tucked in a bun and matching warm chocolate eyes. Her small frame was dressed in a black and whites maid uniform that I thought only existed in Hollywood movies. She held in her hands a tray full of pastries, fruit and a green ceramic tea pot. Her eyes widened by the site of the bedroom ''oh...my'' she says as her eyes eventually land on me on the floor glaring at her.

She must have dressed me in that ridiculous night gown.

She won't help me escape.

She walks in carefully, stepping over the random expensive shoes and draws. She gently places the food on the bed and stands awkwardly in front of me ''miss you must be hungry, its been hours'' she says gently, as if she was approaching a feral stray cat.

My stomach betrays me when it growls loudly, filling the silence between us. I grunt a little and crawl over to the bed unwillingly. Sitting on top of the covers and slowly putting the cut-up pieces of watermelon in my mouth.

She smiles approvingly at me and begins to walk around the room tiding up my mess. A ting of guilt pricked me as I watch her folding the clothes ''you don't need to clean that'' I said irritably.

''it's my pleasure too miss'' she shrugs, hanging the black Gucci coat.

I bite my lip ''don't call me miss, I have a name''

This chick must know I've been held against my will but she's acting like this is a completely normal.

She looks back into my eyes anxiously ''sorry m-...um what is your name?'' she asks a little nervously.